Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the ole' marble city

Options
  • 02-08-2005 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

heyho! i'm currently living down in the sunny south east. kilkenny to be more precise and i'm having a bit of trouble finding any sort of scene down here. Am I the only gay in the village???(yes i know it's horribley cichéd) :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

go to gaydar, or similar search under kilkenny, in the online thingy mostly they list as "rest" or "waterford wexford"

Other than those online oh I dunno, go down the canal after dark if thats ur thing, or mondrian, morrissons , langtons(thursday) etc all frequented by kilkennys homosexuals (so I'm told)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

One of my best friends lives in Kilkenny. Her advice: MOVE!!!

why hasn't she then ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

why hasn't she then ? :)

She's straight. The absence of a gay scene doesn't really bother her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭ajmurphy62

azezil is from kilkenny, ask him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

You should start a thread in the Kilkenny section of Boards too - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=481

there might not be a "scene" but I don't think its hard to locate the local gay folk and its not like kk is intolerant. I've never had a problem "making ot with my other half in the pubs/night clubs
    and like i said there are pubs which are "known" to be frequented by kilkennys finest . ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Yes indeedy I am from kilkenny, and as someone else suggested, move, I couldn't find any gay men down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Riveta

ya i've heard about langtons but the mondrian? where is?? it'd be great if there was an 'official' gay night in one of the clubs :(

sorry mondrian is now morrisseys bar on rose in street, they own the club down the steps in parliament street to

used be zoo, can't remember what they call it now.

dunno if u'll see a gay night anywhere in Kilkenny (other than after hours in Paris Texas/ Kilford and thats by invitation :) )

Maybe you shold head to waterford for one of the nights there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Didn't they try a gay night in Langtons once. Failed miserably. That was about 2 years ago.

did they ?
    can you just imagine going into an advertised gay night in Kilkenny ? Nothing to do with being out or not, just Kilkenny as it is now, probably crowds would assemble just to see who was going in 9to confirm their suspicions)

LOL some of those might be surprised as thie bf dids to disappear for a while.

There are only 2 gay pub owners that I kow of (I'm innocent) and can't see either of them getting into the spirit of making a gay/gay friendly bar, both being married and slightly deviant in their behaviour.

I think though witht he size of the tourist industry, and the number of stag/hen nights here, with people travelling from all over , a gay friendly venue (no pun) would work well.

I remember friends of mine would not go into the Marble City Bar because it was "gay", such a weird thing to here from them; and alas was far from gay,

It would be nice for there to be some option for the OP .

I remember a few interesting nights in Neros, where looked like bouncers were gonna get all nasty, in the end I think they were curious/ trying to be protective of me and himself. But don't think I'd recommend making out in any of Kilkennys pubs at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Riveta

lol i really couldn't give a flying **** who sees! it is a pretty small town so i suspose people just aren't ready for a gay anything really. although i must say most young people are quite tolerant discounting scumbags of course they hate everyone!

Advertisement