Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engraving HOWTO

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Window Etching Tutorial (Plexi, Rough 'n Nasty) @ XoxideForums.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭dubdvd

nice one for that ..a good read for all

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

That flexible rotary head looks the biz. Damn wonder if there expensive - com'on people find that connection. ready.... steady..... go !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭dubdvd

I used that stuff for the glass before ..it was years ago in an arts and crafts kinda thing you use Stencils that you cut out from sheets of plastic sticky pastic you then use a blade to gut out the shape you have drawn on to the sheet by tracing it through that blue tracing paper stuff then you pour on the mixture and leave it for a while the rub of the excess and peel back the sticky paper and bingo ...i did it on mirrors but i'd doubth it would work aswell on plexy

http://www.etchworld.com/cat--Rub-N-Etch-Stencils--Rub+N+Etch+Stencils

Nukem is it one of these your looking for
    9tzdyx.jpg

• Advertisement

Window-mod Mounting With Silicon Sealant (Plexi onto metal) @ Twistedmods.com

It's fairly basic and probably elementary knowledge to most on this board, but you never know...

Bay Filler Logo (Plexi) @ Twistedmods.com

I have plans to do somthing similar in my machine for the baycooler of my Sys drive.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Ya thats the one Dub. Thinking a nice simple window or maybe something tricky with leds and a pulsing circuit and a deep engraving with a black sealer in the engraved bit to stand out more. Dunno really have to get tthe bloody case first but have perspex so have to get a dreamel. B&Q i hear is ok for them

Nukem

Advertisement