Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STAR TREK Vs BABYLON 5

Options
  • 02-08-2005 4:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭

This Rocks

www.starwreck.com

Download the trailer. I wanna see a galaxy class up againt a Whitestar. Or Better yet the Borg Vs The Shadows.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

That looks genuinely impressive...

eh.. not so sure about the gags in it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

That looks good but i dont think the bab 5 ships would have much hope against the feds ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

bizmark wrote:
    That looks good but i dont think the bab 5 ships would have much hope against the feds ;)
    Well the Earthforce ships don't have force shields or transporters or warp drives.

The Federation could just transport a photon torpedo onto the bridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭shacko

A White Star could make bits of any Galaxy Class. Much More Manoverability

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

Well your wish is my command =)

http://www.spacebattles.com/

I've got most of the movies .. some are just dodgey, while others are amazing =).

It's got a bit of everything in there =)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Dunners

shacko wrote:
    A White Star could make bits of any Galaxy Class. Much More Manoverability
    A White Star would have it's ass kicked by a Galaxy class, not only do they have superior shielding but also immense weaponary (and let's not forget tractors and transporters). Phasers left right and center (and if we go latest Trek) some ass kicking Quantums to rip them to pieces. A couple of volleys to weaken them, tractor them infront of the ship and then carve them up at your leisure or failing that beam in a squad of commandos or a few primed torps.

B5 tech would lose out no questions to ST tech but I think that's because it's slightly less fantastical and a bit (albeit a tiny small bit) more based in reality.

The Vorlons would wipe the floor with the federation

Vorlon technology is organic based, a few modified nano-bots ala Species 8472 and they'll be flying round the galaxy in something that resembles chicken soup. Also let's not forget that they are reliant on Jump gates and the like as well. Advanced sensors and some warp-warp-warping and ST races could ensure they always outnumber the Vorlons sufficiently to wipe the floor with them.

Dunners wrote:
    Vorlon technology is organic based, a few modified nano-bots ala Species 8472 and they'll be flying round the galaxy in something that resembles chicken soup. Also let's not forget that they are reliant on Jump gates and the like as well. Advanced sensors and some warp-warp-warping and ST races could ensure they always outnumber the Vorlons sufficiently to wipe the floor with them.

I Dont Know abou that. But I'd love to see the Shadows take on the Borg. Imagine what a asimilated shaddow Ship would look like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

Dunners wrote:
    Also let's not forget that they are reliant on Jump gates and the like as well.

Wrong , sort of ;P.

Only the small ships are reliant on jump gates . the big mofo Ships ( well the only ones that should be trying to take on Fed or any other type of ships) can make a jumpgate at will.

• Advertisement

Megatron wrote:
    Only the small ships are reliant on jump gates . the big mofo Ships ( well the only ones that should be trying to take on Fed or any other type of ships) can make a jumpgate at will.

Forgot that most capital ships can create jump points (and I was watching the one with the raider capital ship last night :mad: ). If you want to go all Sun Tzu though the bigger ships will need support vessels and so forth which are mainly reliant on the jump gate system, a few well placed assaults could cripple the system and cut off supplies making co-ordination of an effective military force virtually impossible.

Then you can add in the question of time it takes to create a jump gate and get in/out of a sticky situation (the whole slowly moving into the point before disappearing). Compare this with the warp system of key in a heading and press a big "GET ME THE HELL IN/OUT OF HERE" button and away you go. I think ST wins in the galactic travel stakes though I forget how fast and far you can go with jump point/gate technology.

As for assimilated shadow ships, they'd look like huge massive black cubes with random spikes coming out here there and everywhere. It could mean the creation of the first ever goth borg ship...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Dunners wrote:
    (and if we go latest Trek) some ass kicking Quantums to rip them to pieces.
    lets not forget those Multi-phasic shields and torpedoes they got in the last episode of voyager..

If Babylon 5 would like to surrender I'm sure we can work out some form of amicable massacre of the lower species...:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭sitout

i perfer a good old episode of corination street , however if pushed id vote for the trekies!

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Irishtrekkie

one word the uss defiant, its small you cant hit it cause its dam fast , and it packs a punch , i swear you get a few of them in a wolf pack , with cloaking devices and you would have trouble , i guess that is why the klingons do so well with there birds of prey . but a shame the federation does not use cloaking devices ..............yes let be honest , screw the Treaty of Algeron , the feds will start using cloaking devices in time you will see lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭ilkhanid

In any contest between ships from the two fictional universes, the ST ships would win in nearly all cases, due to the-in most cases-higher technology level of the Star Trek world. However if this was leveled out, ships like the White Star would be formidable opponents for any Star Trek vessel, due to their unsurpassed manouvreability and heavy firepower.
    However, transporters would not confer any great advantage to the ST side, if they behaved in the usual way they do. Even in the ST world,the tactic of directly beaming explosive materials onto a enemy vessel is rarely-if ever-used, even when the shields of an opponent are down. Why this should be so is somewhat puzzling, but it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

the ST ships have better tech, but shields is really it, the B5 ships have more firepower (Except for the Defiant) especially the Excaliber (FAR more than the Defiant) and also there tend to be far more fighting ships in the B5 verse than the St verse. in a pitched fight, i'd put my money on the white stars (able to take far more damage and still be not only operational but still in the fight!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Niska

Not a big fan of dredging up ol' posts, but came across an image (while searching for pictures of EVE ships) that almost demanded a posting here:

http://www.st-minutiae.com/misc/comparison/comparison_large.png

Interesting to see that a Whitestar is bigger than a Constitution class cruiser (i.e. Enterprise and Enterprise-A).

Advertisement