Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Ericsson S700i Full-Screen Video?

Options
  • 02-08-2005 5:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭

I'm planning to get an S700i in the near future, but there is one big glaring problem that I'm seeing with it; it's got a beautiful big 262k QVGA screen on the front and the ability to record MPEG4, and yet it is not possible to play movies on the full screen? As such, I have a few questions for those of you who own one of these:

I am correct that there's no built in support for full-screen video playback, right?

If so, are there any programs I could download (similar to those for Symbian OS) that would allow me to view video full-screen? I know other phone OSs aren't nearly as well supported as Symbian, but I'd imagine, for this phone, it's be a fairly desirable app.

If not, is there the possiblity that one will ever be released? Is the OS simply not capable of taking these kinds of programs, or is there some hardware reason that it wouldn't be capable of full-screen playback?

I'll still most likely get the phone regardless, but it strikes me as very odd that Sony would release a phone so perfectly suited to mobile video playback, but fail to include the necessary software to do so. Thanks for any help you may be able to give me with this (and any other impressions/advice you may be able to give me about the phone).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

As far as i know there is no possible way to have full screen on the s700i only the k750i and any models released after it can do full screen video

Advertisement