Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Kaunas 2nd leg

• 02-08-2005 7:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

The team

Carson

Finnan-Hyypia---Whitbread-Warnock

Garcia---Hamann--Sissoko--Zenden

Crouch-Morientes

Not exactly 1st 11 but should good enough.

Subs Reina Riise Gerrard Cisse Alonso Carragher Potter

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ianomccabe

good to see steve finnan captaining the club in the champions league too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

good team.Im looking forward to seeing Sissoko, whitbread and crouch playing.We should win 5:0 been at home and all.
    Crouch to have a field day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Looking forward to seeing Sissoko getting a start. I was impressed in the first leg.

Hopefully the Hyypia/Whitbread partnership wont get shown up for pace, they had some nippy players in the first leg.

Ill go for a 4-0. Kaunas are in turmoil, sacked their manager last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Shred

ianomccabe wrote:
    good to see steve finnan captaining the club in the champions league too

Hyppia's captain tonight dude. I'll go for 3-0 to the 'pool

apologies i thought i heard on ssn about finnan captaining but obviously not

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

got the camera sorted at least.

wtf is up wit tv3's camera angle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Are the commentators actually at the match?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

is the net in front of them or something

to borrow a phrase from a romanian

liverpool will humilate them tonight 4-0:D

finnan isnt captain !! hypia or someone is

baros has a real girls bag with him. it looks so gay

Hahahahaha, I usually wouldnt come online during a game but did anyone see Baros's handbag???

Priceless!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Hahahahaha, I usually wouldnt come online during a game but did anyone see Baros's handbag???

Priceless!
    Very stylish! ;)

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

LOL. Had to laugh at Baros.

I'd say Shelbourne would beat either of those teams out there. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Biggest cheer of the evening is for Gerrard warming up! Its that sort of game.

Mike.

When i was in Turkey for the final in May a lot of the players had those gucci handbags over their shoulder.

Couldn't quite see the attraction myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

What a truly mind numbing first half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

I find it amusing that players stylish handbags are dominating the match thread. Stupid Liverpool and their stupid girly players ;)

/edit: Kaunas unlucky there. Incredibly sloppy defending to allow the shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Glorified training match at the moment.

You will never have guessed.....
    Although the keeper did his best to get out of the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

gerrard 1 nil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

2-0 Cisse with a good take after Garcia cross to pick him off the back post

• Advertisement

And the man with the hair cut that looks like he robbed the groundskeeper paint can makes it 2 with a great finish.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

well thats that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Sissoko was good I thought, seemed very bright. Cisse was also very good when he came on. Great finish.
    Comfortable performance for 'Pool, but at times their finishing left a bit to be desired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The main problem for me was definitly the lack of quick wide balls comming in, Crouch and Morientes needed the sort of crossing that er Beckham would provide. Hey Rafa...! ;)

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

maybe thats why they are offloading baros , he is making the rest of the team to pick up the soap in the shower :P

'pool never really looked troubled but it was a boring game. Good to see potter on the pitch but didnt exactly change the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Gerrard for footballer of the year this christmas?
    After the CL final, if he has a good first half, he is going to be up there.
    That's a bet i'd like some odds on

Was impressed enough with Sissoko. Made tonnes of interceptions. Some nice passes as well. Needs to fill out a bit too, very skinny for the size of him. But so far so good.

Happy enough with the result overall. Some players still looking a bit sluggish but it was never going to be an easy game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

mike65 wrote:
    The main problem for me was definitly the lack of quick wide balls comming in, Crouch and Morientes needed the sort of crossing that er Beckham would provide. Hey Rafa...! ;)

Mike.
    Have to agree with ya there Mike....Zenden had a poor game and there was nothing coming in from the right. Sissoko and Hamann were comfortable all night but there was never going to be much creativity from CM with that pairing, probably why the wide guys never got good ball in.
    Zak played well. Needs a master class from Didi on how not to get shrugged off the ball and use his arms a bit more.
    They really didn't get going till SG came on. Did you see him just before he got on the pitch? He was like a coiled spring ready to unload....
    He was itchin to get on.
    It just goes to show, in the PL next season, either him or Alonso are gonna have to be on the pitch at all times, otherwise I can't see them doing much damage going forward.

Bonner was his usual bumbling babbling self who can't read his lines to save his life :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

I was out last night and only caught the last 20 mins but I'm just wondering did I hear it right that Crouch went off injured?

Thought Cisse took his goal really well and it was a lovely move. I'm impressed with what I have seen of Sissoko.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

yom 1 wrote:
    I was out last night and only caught the last 20 mins but I'm just wondering did I hear it right that Crouch went off injured?
    Hamstring.
    Getting a scan on it today.
    It must be all he has on those legs cos he's like a stork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Best cheer of the night was for the Kaunas fans when they sang their bit of a tune. And when that lady came over the loudspeaker telling them to stay in their seats till 5 mins after the game. Spent the last 10 minutes letting people out past me thinking I hope that they miss a goal for going early and they did :)

Solid performance from the pool, Zenden looked a little lost for long periods, Garcia, some nice touches and good cross but a bit out of it besides. Was played like a friendly, Kaunas didn't bring anything really. Impressed with Whitbread again, he is not as slow as he is made out to be. Momo all arms and legs but some nice touches and made the challenges when necessary.

All in all a decent performance, as for neither of those teams being able to beat Shelbourne. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

decent preformance from liverpool as it was just like a training match at times.Im a bit worried though as nando looks very sluggish at times.
    Whitbread looks a fine prospect and afterall we rested reina, carragher, risse and alonso, with cisse and gerrard coming on as subs so a good workout overall.The real job starts in 2 weeks when the premiership starts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

least competitive competitive game i've seen for a while. kaunas just didn't seem to have any ambitions of trying to get a win, got forward about 4 or 5 times in the whole match (and when they did they didn't look bad!). Pool were comfortable but not particularly impressive. Sissoko looks like he could be a great one for the future at only 20 though! Will get a lot stronger and bigger then he already is - very promising didi replacement. Cisse looked very lively when he came on i thought. Gerrard really got the team going as well.

I only saw from halfway through the first half, but crouch didn't overly impress me..did he do anything special in the first half hour?

Advertisement