Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB Contention of 48:1

• 02-08-2005 7:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭

I have IBB Breeze 1M my pings are fine <15 most of the time but sometimes my connection speed drops to almost a crawl it is contended at 48:1 can anyone tell what the minimum connection speed (using irishisptest) that i should be getting before the emails start flying.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

21Kbits. Devide you speed 1024 by 48.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

21kbps & They call it Broadband ....How are they still getting away with it??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

this is how :- http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=282591

and we all thought Comreg was on our side !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

Has Ireland offline anything to say on the subject?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

beller b wrote:
    Has Ireland offline anything to say on the subject?

Not sure if they are interested in helping

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Uhm we've contacted IBB, we're collating all the complaints on this forum about IBB (thanks Thaed) and we will bring them all to ComReg and make a formal complaint on behalf of everyone. We started doing this at the end of last week. There's a thread on this forum about it. While it is very quick for people to lash out at IBB on this forum it appears they are a lot slower in providing information to Thaed.

How many of you lads have sent on your details to Thaed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Adey2002

damien.m wrote:
    While it is very quick for people to lash out at IBB on this forum it appears they are a lot slower in providing information to Thaed.

I have sent on my problems already...

If every one else did the same then Damien from the irelandoffline forum will act on our behalf... So any one who has been having ongoing problems with IBB, visit the Ireland offline thread, get Thaeds' email addy and send him a rundown of the problems you are having and the responses you have had from IBB. You can find the details here ...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=283732

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

damien.m wrote:
    Uhm we've contacted IBB, we're collating all the complaints on this forum about IBB (thanks Thaed) and we will bring them all to ComReg and make a formal complaint on behalf of everyone. We started doing this at the end of last week. There's a thread on this forum about it. While it is very quick for people to lash out at IBB on this forum it appears they are a lot slower in providing information to Thaed.

I haven't. There are people in north-west Dublin who are suffering horrendous speeds well below IBB's CIR. ComReg and/or IOFFL may well be able to help those guys. My connection is by any normal definition crap, but it's a lot better than what those guys are getting. Crap all the same, but because it is typically above IBB's CIR there's not a lot IBB will do or ComReg or IOFFL can do, being realistic about it. So personally I think telling people what the real performance of the connection is like is going to do a lot more than complaining to ComReg etc.

As I have suggested before, I would think setting up a speed test site where people can say what ISP they came from, would be quite effective in terms of providing feedback about ISP's real delivered performance as opposed to the fluff on their web sites.

But realistically I'm just going to take my business elsewhere and I will keep telling anyone who asks me to avoid IBB like the plague.

Advertisement