Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

top 10 games of all time

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

ok i dont even understand what ye mean by "don't get out much" like it doesn't even make sense in this context? I know it's only light-hearted but, you play computer games outside? If you're implying instead that I mustn't have played many other computer games to think it's good then your wrong as well... sorry to sound a bit pissed off, it's just I thought it was a great game and then in reply you didn't make much sense that's all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

driver 3 for xbox deserves a mention, best fun I've had playing a video game in a long time. Missions and the driving were sexual
    oh my god, i think you may actually be the one person in the entire world that liked that game!
    /points
    guys, we found him!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

im really surprised at 2 things

1. FINAL FANTASY 7 is the best! - ITS NOT UP FOR DEBATE (Zelda: Ocarina is close 2nd) (if you havent played both then you need too)

2. driver 3? DRIVER 3! in the gamestop worldwide forums I read that Driver 3 owns the proud title of "most returned game of all time" - every review of it i read was below 40% it was notoriously buggy,flawed and was released before it was properly finished. it was made 10 times worse by the fact it was overhyped too? I played the game for a while on a friends computer (haha, he actually bought it!)

I think its kinda hard to pick a best top 10 of all time - its like trying to pick best top ten songs or films of all time - its impossible everyone has their own preference. the topic should be called "Your top 10 games of all time"

mar shampla: If you only like shooting stuff your not gonna like RPG's as much or vica-versa if you only like rap your not gonna like punk as much or vica-versa i think you get the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Hercule wrote:
    the topic should be called "Your top 10 games of all time"
    That's exactly what I took it to mean. I think most people did the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Metal gear solid on the ps1

tekken 3 on the ps1

resident evil 4 on cube

halo:CE on the xbox

Splinter Cell 3 on the xbox

Jade Empire on the xbox

Vice city on the ps2

Rainbow 6 BA on xbox (only the muliplayer was good)

theres toooooonnns more, but cant think of em' :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

ok i dont even understand what ye mean by "don't get out much" like it doesn't even make sense in this context? I know it's only light-hearted but, you play computer games outside? If you're implying instead that I mustn't have played many other computer games to think it's good then your wrong as well... sorry to sound a bit pissed off, it's just I thought it was a great game and then in reply you didn't make much sense that's all

It was meant purely humourously, Deadwing has made the point possibly a lot better as he went straight to the point, apologies.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Many hate Driv3r, others love it. What other despised games have a special place in your heart? Come on, admit it. We won't laugh. Hard.

ah right, that's cool. someone said it was full of bugs and errors although I didn't notice any (although it's been a long time since i played it) and it didn't affect gameplay.

Someone earlier mentioned grim fandango as a top game and after having played it for a while yesterday it seems class so far even tho I'm stuck!

Oh and Kingpin : Life of Crime was brilliant. Released in late 1998, it was the best looking FPS of it's time and probably the most original in style and content. Hiring goons to join you on your quest to kill the 'kingpin'.

The singleplayer game was good, but the multiplayer scene was amazing. I still play it to this day. Best 30 quid I ever spent

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Scratch Acid

Kingpin : Life of Crime...
    The singleplayer game was good

Hahahaha. No.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Tetris: who has not played it?
    Wolfenstein: first decent shoot-im-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

Civ
    Final Fantasy VI (yes it's better than VII :P)
    X-Com
    Ocarina of Time
    Quake (for the multiplayer)
    Elte: Frontier
    Morrowind
    Doom (jDoom!! Doom in full 3d with proper mouselook)
    Dungeon Keeper
    Super Mario Cart

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Prior Of Taize

Goodshape wrote:
    4. Zelda: Link To The Past -- an (almost?) perfect game.

totally agree with you there. i couldnt even play the ocarina of time when it came out because of the expectations i had for it after playing a link to the past. man those zelda games (links awakening etc) were so involving. the only game to ever engage me as much as the original zelda games was KOTOR.

so Knights Of The Old Republic (KOTOR) is definitely in my top 10 along with any gameboy/snes/nes zelda game

Advertisement