Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want do you want the new patch to address most?

Options
  • 02-08-2005 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭

140 fixes/issues addressed in the next patch. We know what some of them will be(teamkilling, server browser...) but was wondering if anyone has an idea what the rest would be.

My wish list...

1. Dominance of helicopters. Bit of an issue on a half full server. The're just too hard to take down. A well stocked transport heli going from flag to flag is just another form of point farming in my opinion. A handheld heat seeker would do the biz here.

2. C4.
    Someone left C4 at a flag I was capturing yesterday. I tried shotting it grenades etc. but to no avail. As soon as the flag was neutralised the spec-op(God knows where on the map he was) blew the C4. A distance limiter on detonating C4 would address this one.

3. Mines. Once the punishing in regards to mines is addressed I can see this leading to the new problem of not being able to drive near a flag without hitting one. A new class that could detect and remove them to nail this one.

Anyone have others to add?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

Lister1 wrote:

2. C4.
    Someone left C4 at a flag I was capturing yesterday. I tried shotting it grenades etc. but to no avail. As soon as the flag was neutralised the spec-op(God knows where on the map he was) blew the C4. A distance limiter on detonating C4 would address this one.

Well he could have been hiding behind a shed or something so it might not have made a differance. But AFAIK plastic explosives dont explode when shot or near grenades or anything.

I think the C4 thing is ok. You just take a gamble as to whether or not the person has died since putting them down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

personally i'd like to see some improvements to the battlerecorder, namely a rewind feature and improved compatibility with codecs, theres also the issue with the nametags but theres a workaround for that, very doubtful they'll even bother with these though, fix the game first i suppose

as for your original wishlist, helicopters are easy to take down with the stinger, c4 might be an issue but not a big one, engineers can disarm mines can they not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭RotalicaV

What would i like the new patch to address most?

The fact that i haven't bought bf2 yet :P

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Lister1 wrote:
    A well stocked transport heli going from flag to flag is just another form of point farming in my opinion.
    Totally agree. Some weakness that you can shoot it with.
    Lister1 wrote:
    A distance limiter on detonating C4
    This was in the demo, but not the full game, for some reason.

=-=

Have it that mines don't blow up if an allied veichle drives over it. Who cares who is in them.

=-=

Have a page explaining the different weapons. Including the ones you can upgrade to.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

Well he could have been hiding behind a shed or something so it might not have made a differance. But AFAIK plastic explosives dont explode when shot or near grenades or anything.

Reckon he was a good distance away as it exploded a few seconds after the flag was neutalised. The thing that bugs me the most was the fact that I knew the C4 was there but could do little about it. Would make more that it would explode if shot. Same with the for mines.

You just take a gamble as to whether or not the person has died since putting them down.

I think the C4 disappers when someone dies. At the time I didn't think the person who left it would be clever enough to check back. Was wrong though!

The fact that i haven't bought bf2 yet

Wait until the new patch is released as some of the bugs/issues with it can make a person despair at times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Want do you want the new patch to address most?

Something to take away the addictiveness of this game so I can get a good night sleep and stop dreaming of heli's and team kill punishers. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Hilarious thread tbh!!!

1) The helicopters are fine! The way the game evens things out - Americans get the best transport chopper. MEC get the best attack chopper. Chinese get the best jet!! If they go low enough to take a flag, they're low enough to hit with AT in 1 shot. Not their fault if people are too crap at the game to do anything. Also APC can take it out with directed and consistant 50cal fire!

2) C4 can be blown up with your own C4 - learn this, deal with it, or get 1 person to take the flag and another to finish when it goes neutral. It's a war - you'll die. Deal with it!!

3) You've GOT to be kidding me! You can SEE your own mines. Engineer can defuse your own mines. The way I see it, if you're dumb enough to leave it in a place where you KNOW your own team will drive there then you deserve to get the TK punish. If you just take a flag and you load the place up with mines - TK punish away. Cause you have your team driving OUT of there with vehicles. If it's a remote flag and your team won't spawn there, then fair enough. And do it so that you can EASILY see it while driving FROM the flag, rather than TO the flag - ie. tops of roads with low visibility from people driving up the hill

Things i'd LOVE to see sorted out --

1) Chopper exploit - let 1 person repair, but not 2 at once.

2) TKing people in the vehicle you're already in. Some dumb sh1t kamikazi's you and you get +5 TKs. I think the kill/killed should also work on velocity that you hit them with. If it's 1 vehicle crashing into another at high speed, the person doing the crashing should get a death, and the other get the kill. Cut down on kamikazi pilots.

3) Minimizing issues - my m8 has a serious problem where it just randomly minimizes.

4) Increased stability - I really hate when you get a crash for no reason

5) Auto team balance - Limit it to lonewolves not squad members and DEFINATELY not squad leaders. If people want to go solo, I say they should be the first to get swapped.

6) Voting sizes - if people have set opt out, then the "votes out of" should be changed to reflect this. Especially for commander voting.

Can probably think of more but i'd rather just play now.

So deal with the petty stuff - learn that you'll die, and get over it. And learn how to use the game, don't cry if you can't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Some tking issues and thats about it.

Choppers are fine 2 hits from a tank or LAv or Eryx and they down.

C4 is deadly like that i sit and wait until flag goes then blow it. Engineers should be able to diffuse it and mines buts that just picky.

Dont care about the browser ASE support is all it needed.

Blowing up commander **** should get you points otherwise spec ops useless.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

C4 can be blown up with your own C4

Wasn't aware of this, but am now....
    You've GOT to be kidding me! You can SEE your own mines.

Was refering to the enemies mines. I can see a situation with roads in to enemy's flags being imposible to get to due to mines. I never thought of C4ing the opponents C4 so I assume this would also work as a way around the mines as well.
    Dominance of helicopters.

Was refering to the use of them to flag hop. Was in a squad yestetday that used the transport chopper for solely this purpose. Left the squad as it was so boring(two of the squad memebers didn't even get a kill) but they still rack up a 100+ score. Scored a **** load from repair/heal/resupply and capturing flags. Excluding the pilot there is little skill involved but they all get rewarded for doing sweet fa. Once the chopper came up against any resistance they would just fly away to repair/heal and then head for a different flag.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Kare Bear

Cant wait for the favourites list and improved server browser.Then i can check all the irish servers at a glance.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Mines from opposition can be seen and disabled by engineers , didn't know about the c4 thing myself .

Aside from the obvious ( punish tk , point farming , server browser ) , I would like to see something done about team balancing . We got a good few guys on TS and when map starts we try to get the same team and squad , but even if we do ( which rarely happens ) someone usually gets swapped :( . As was said above , leave this to the lone wolves and/or work up from there .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

' wrote:
    [cEMAN**'] The way I see it, if you're dumb enough to leave it in a place where you KNOW your own team will drive there then you deserve to get the TK punish. .

Urge to kill rising.

Jumpy wrote:
    Urge to kill rising.

Go for it.

I take it you're one of the dumb ones then?

It's idiots that just drop mines in places they know their team will be the main ones to drive there that deserve to be banned from BF2 altogether.

It's a tactical game even if you think it's just point and shoot - it's not. That's where the commander comes into it. But if you can't think tactically then just get a gun and shoot, and don't try to place booby traps :rolleyes:

Can't wait to get my clan into league matches. We can get out of public gameplay and away from the stupidity of the masses.

They should also build something in that allows you to punish people who walk over friendly mines or into friendly artillary :) instead of punishtk they should have a punish muppet! .
    As has been said somewhere else the red skull and crossbones are NOT power ups !!!!! , they can be clearly seen and as for the arty firing animation , it covers the entire area you are in , why do ppl continue to head to it like moths to a flame .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

A well stocked transport heli going from flag to flag is just another form of point farming in my opinion.
    They can be a little tricky to take down but thats also why you get so many points if you do manage it (you are killing 5-6 people in one afterall).
    They are removing the spawn on squad leader in the helo so when someone dies theres less chance of them appearing back in again.
    Have it that mines don't blow up if an allied veichle drives over it. Who cares who is in them.
    You'll just have mines everywhere as there would be no thought about tk's anymore.
    Have a page explaining the different weapons. Including the ones you can upgrade to.
    Does it not expain n the BFHQ tab??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

B-K-DzR wrote:
    They can be a little tricky to take down but thats also why you get so many points if you do manage it (you are killing 5-6 people in one afterall).

Exactly... To do something about this tactic would be ridiculous.
    A skilled heli pilot with skilled gunners, and everyone with different kit types which allow the heli to repair, rearm and heal is a force to be reckoned with.
    I think some of you need to remember that this is still a game.
    If you take heli down with 5-6 people on it you get rewarded with 5-6 points in one go, thats good enough for me....

Correction - taking down a heli with 6 people in it, you get 2 points per kill +1 point for each kill as you are defending your flag. That's 3 points a kill and racks up at 18 points (can't remember if you get points for enemy vehicle damage so possibly 20 points total).

It just takes a commander spotting the chopper for you, then people getting ready at the flag with AT. 2 AT and 1 person shooting it will take it down even with 2 engi's in the back. 1 AT with 3 people shooting it would do the same thing. APC shooting it will take it down in seconds as well.

But the main thing you're trying to do is get them off your flag!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

' wrote:
    [cEMAN**']Correction - taking down a heli with 6 people in it, you get 2 points per kill +1 point for each kill as you are defending your flag. That's 3 points a kill and racks up at 18 points (can't remember if you get points for enemy vehicle damage so possibly 20 points total).

It just takes a commander spotting the chopper for you, then people getting ready at the flag with AT. 2 AT and 1 person shooting it will take it down even with 2 engi's in the back. 1 AT with 3 people shooting it would do the same thing. APC shooting it will take it down in seconds as well.

But the main thing you're trying to do is get them off your flag!

There you have it - way of getting a possible 20 pts in with one or two well aimed shots and people want it changed? You must be joking....

B-K-DzR wrote:

Grenade launcher , oh what fun ..a well placed nade right into the heli itself watch the 3/4 fall out in full ragdoll style :)

' wrote:
    [cEMAN**']Go for it.

I take it you're one of the dumb ones then?

It's idiots that just drop mines in places they know their team will be the main ones to drive there that deserve to be banned from BF2 altogether.

It's a tactical game even if you think it's just point and shoot - it's not. That's where the commander comes into it. But if you can't think tactically then just get a gun and shoot, and don't try to place booby traps :rolleyes:

Can't wait to get my clan into league matches. We can get out of public gameplay and away from the stupidity of the masses.

Actually I think anyone who presses punish...ever....is an ass.
    The red mist rises when someone punishes for their own stupid fault and I end up chasing them down and generally making the rest of the map a living hell.

There is no 'deserve' to be punished.....you just dont.

If someone is TK'ing deliberately...vote em off...

• Advertisement

Yes people who TK deserve to be punished. Especially if they have done it intentionally or through stupidity.

Do you actually know what TK punish is? Or do you just get a bad taste in your mouth when someone 'punishes' you for anything?
    Jumpy wrote:
    The red mist rises when someone punishes for their own stupid fault and I end up chasing them down and generally making the rest of the map a living hell.

See it's people like you that make the game a nightmare for others, not those who TK. Grow up ffs - it's a game. Vote someone, punish someone (they get kicked after so many TKs) or just give up and go have a w*nk! But don't be an ass that follows people around.

1) You're being an ass for following them, and a childish pain in the *ss
    2) You're also making it 2 less active people on your side fighting the battle - you're preventing him from fighting, and you're not fighting yourself.

Those actions my good man are the actions of a t i t!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

ah iceman, always the cold glass of reason thrown in the face of stupidity :p

' wrote:
    [cEMAN**']Yes people who TK deserve to be punished. Especially if they have done it intentionally or through stupidity.

Do you actually know what TK punish is? Or do you just get a bad taste in your mouth when someone 'punishes' you for anything?

See it's people like you that make the game a nightmare for others, not those who TK. Grow up ffs - it's a game. Vote someone, punish someone (they get kicked after so many TKs) or just give up and go have a w*nk! But don't be an ass that follows people around.

1) You're being an ass for following them, and a childish pain in the *ss
    2) You're also making it 2 less active people on your side fighting the battle - you're preventing him from fighting, and you're not fighting yourself.

Those actions my good man are the actions of a t i t!

TK is part of the game. It is a game with a large amount of people with large guns, it also difficult to tell in the confusion who is who Stupidity has very little to do with it, in 90% of the cases its accidental, but 90% of the people seem to have their finger glued to Page-Down.
    And in most cases its the people who bring themselves into the situation who are doing the punishing (a point at least all of us are agreeing on) what I dont agree with is punishing at all. I have adopted the mindset that if you punish.. you are a fool. At all..ever...for any reason (bar someone obviously Teamkilling deliberately and it would have to be repeatedly)

We have it turned off on our ranked server for almost a week now and no problems with anyone tk'ing on purpose .

LOL fair enough.

Can I just ask you though - if someone was carelessly driving and jumped up on the footpath and took out your whole family while you were standing watching, would you just say "Ah well, as long as he doesn't do it again"?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

maybe if they were on the same footy team or something.

' wrote:
    [cEMAN**']LOL fair enough.

Can I just ask you though - if someone was carelessly driving and jumped up on the footpath and took out your whole family while you were standing watching, would you just say "Ah well, as long as he doesn't do it again"?

If it was in the Daqing Oilfields then why not?

I would probably call him a noob though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

Jumpy's name reminded me of something else. Bunnyhopping. I despise it. Some gob****e trying to cap a flag, I run up and the ****er starts jumping around and eventually kills me.

Something like in call of Duty where you can have 1 "big" jump and if you do another straight after its just little small ones. Either that orrun out of stamina after 2 or 3 hops.

Apart from anything else it looks ridiculous.

Arabel wrote:
    Jumpy's name reminded me of something else. Bunnyhopping. I despise it. Some gob****e trying to cap a flag, I run up and the ****er starts jumping around and eventually kills me.

Something like in call of Duty where you can have 1 "big" jump and if you do another straight after its just little small ones. Either that orrun out of stamina after 2 or 3 hops.

Apart from anything else it looks ridiculous.

As I snipe, bunnyhopping wouldnt help me :rolleyes:

However, I do the annoying 'flop' which means I fall to the ground before I shoot anything.

I hate that when people do it to me, cause I never get another shot off before I get about 40 bullets in me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 The_Demon

It would be great to see the stats getting updated when you receive the promotion or get an award it takes a few hours for them to kick in!!

Advertisement