Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free hosting that supports Php ??

Options
  • 02-08-2005 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭

Lads, does anyone know of any free hosting site that supports Php (not allow to upload to serve, to actually use on website)

I tried geocities and no joy there (unless i subscribe which i dont want to do)

Anyone any ideas ??

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

FFS, does anyone here use google nowadays???

(I'm in a bad mood tonight!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

What's your website? I might be able to sort you out (I have my own server.)

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Cork Skate

kbannon wrote:
    FFS, does anyone here use google nowadays???

(I'm in a bad mood tonight!)

Alright fella ... easy now and i'll tell ya the full scéal ....

I googled for the info and, as you do ... go a million answers, so which seems OK-ish and others not ...... i didn't know which on to go for ...

So then i decided to seek the wisdom of someone who had previously sought what i now seek and would now enlighten me as to what their findings were .... you know ... a 'share the knowledge' kinda thing .... afterall .... thats what all this interweb lark is about ... ain't it !!

Anyway ... cheers for you're help .... and i bid you good day !! :p

dublindude .... it is only a 3-4 pagers ... nothing big ... but the contact form would be its main function .... and i kinda want to walk away after its done, just hand over passwords and the like, thats why i was going with free hosting

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Try freehost.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

blacknight wrote:
    Try freehost.ie
    Bleh?
    Can I have Free Hosting without a domain name?
    No. It is a service offered to clients who have purchased or transferred their domain name to FreeHost.
    So the hosting is technically free, but the service overall isn't. o_O

• Advertisement

What do you want? A free lunch?

No, free hosting.
    Stay with me here.

Off you go so ...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

So the hosting is technically free, but the service overall isn't. o_O
    It's called FreeHost.ie, not FreeHostAndDomainNameAndSandwichesForEvenCheaperBastards.ie.

dahamsta wrote:
    It's called FreeHost.ie, not FreeHostAndDomainNameAndSandwichesForEvenCheaperBastards.ie.

ROFL - Can I quote that?

• Advertisement

I don't think anyone's expecting a free domain name, but either way you have to pay them money in order to use their service, with no option of using a subdomain of freehost.ie with add banners... which seems like a pretty standard model out there.
    Sure, it's a good deal if the OP has a domain name regged for the site or wants to do so, but it's not 'free' as in 'you don't need to give us money', but more 'free' as in 'free when you purchase X', which is fair enough if you like the supermarket definition of free.
    Google for "free hosting" and "php enabled" (together) and you'll find what you're after... add supported, but again, no cash needs to change hands.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

blacknight wrote:
    ROFL - Can I quote that?
    Of course. I normally wouldn't defend a service like that, but as you know FreeHost has always been very upfront about how they run their business, including right here on Boards. Creating a conspiracy around them is just wrong.

adam

There's no conspiracy here, the original poster wanted a free host... now considering that he was looking at geocities, I'm guessing he [a] doesn't have a domain, and wouldn't care to pay for one.
    As upfront as freehost.ie may be, their service is not free in the same way geocities is free.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭mjquinno

hostmatrix.org

20 megs
    1 free mysql database

no ads - no jumping through hoops

All you got to do is pm the admin and ask him for basic tell him/her what you want the site for and hey presto there you are.

If you want your own domain your gonna have to buy it godaddy is normally the cheapest.

m

Advertisement