Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you think I've a problem?

• 02-08-2005 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭

i think i may have a problem im hooked on coke (the fizzy stuff not the powdery stuff)

I'm going through daily 2 x 500ml bottles and a 2ltr bottle

thats 3 litres a day!!

i dont drink alcohol or smoke or do drugs.

Do u think im hooked????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭curliq

just a tad hooked, yes. Is that not really expensive?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

hows you teeth coping?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

teeth, i brush 3 times a day.

price, 94c for the 500ml x2
    1.72 for the 2ltr

I live near a tesco garage.

Daily cost 3.60

LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL !!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

I understand I'm a wee bit hooked myself, it doesn't help that there is always coke around the house because of my brothers. I think I'm just addicted to caffeine really I live off coffee and coke, hardly healthy, I'm trying to stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

I can only imagine your teeth in a few months/years. Maybe a touch on the hooked side yes.

• Advertisement

*Angel* wrote:
    . I think I'm just addicted to caffeine really I live off coffee and coke, hardly healthy, I'm trying to stop.

we should start a support groop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

just drink less of it
    cut down slowly or you might get bad headaches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭curliq

Originally posted by Volvoboy:
    price, 94c for the 500ml x2
    1.72 for the 2ltr

I live near a tesco garage.

Daily cost 3.60

thats cheap coke!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

CHUG! CHUG! CHUG! CHUG!!

No seriously, I had a friend in a similar predicament, and he was suffering from the auld migraines that tuxy is talking about, but he weaned himself off of it and it did him the world of good. You get some bad withdrawals too, so don't come off it too suddenly.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

apparently u shouldnt brush your teeth directly after you drink coke or whatever cause that damaged your teeth more because theyre weak at the time. or something like that. i read it somewhere

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

i drink as much as you during college tbh...at least...but neveer drink it during summer...hopefully my teeth repair themselves or at least brace themselves :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Try fizzy water - same effect for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Hate reading these threads :( , do u peeps have any idea what that stuff is doing to you :( . Seriously, i could sit here and type a 3 page essay on how bad coke is for you but i think u get the idea. Your teeth WILL NOT survive, not gonna be a pretty sight when your older. I used to drink it A LOT.
    We drank brandy and coke as our drink of choice over the weekends when i was a teeny bopper, that meant 4l in 2 days :eek: .
    So glad i came to my senses as early as i did :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

How old are you?
    Coke is extremely bad for you, I don't know how people drink it at all!
    The caffeine is putting extra strain on your heart and nervous system, not to mention giving you a chemical addiction.
    You're probably putting away nearly a bag of sugar a DAY with all that coke. NOT GOOD.

Why don't you drink diet coke? I stopped drinking fizzy drinks because they upset my stomach and taste too sugary, on the odd occasion i'll have diet 7up or diet coke and I can't taste the difference in fact I think the diet drinks taste nicer.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

simply because diet coke is horrendous :)

i know how bad it is for you but eh its worth it for me ;p
    suppose ill try to cut back...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

why is it worth it? what do you gain from it

simply because diet coke is horrendous

Its worth it ????? Really stupid statement :(. Your body, your one most valuable asset in this world is worth a 5minute sugar rush :(:( . You are harming yourself, stop being so iggnorant. :(.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

endurance try to cut down on using so many sad faced emoticons...they are all over the place....it can really get a man depressed!!!

LOL :D:D , is that better. I just hate topics like this, and when people say its worth drinking poison for a five minute kick, i get a bit sad :p .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

thats better!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

Volvoboy wrote:
    i think i may have a problem im hooked on coke (the fizzy stuff not the powdery stuff)

I'm going through daily 2 x 500ml bottles and a 2ltr bottle

thats 3 litres a day!!

i dont drink alcohol or smoke or do drugs.

Do u think im hooked????

hig???.. is that you? STOP HIDING damn it i can follow you anywhere

i'm trying to quit, today i had 2 bottles of coke only 1ltr big diffrence form 3 i think you'll agree. and a 1.5ltr of robbinsons orange juice.

never had any side effects from the stuff, well my waist line would say diffrent.

StonedParadoX, what in the name of joseph, mary and the Carpenter are you on about?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Volvo, drink lots of orange juice (100% ONLY), u will get just as hooked on it :).

the juice i was drinking was Heavily diluted

1-3 ratio.

Ye thats the budget stuff :p . Even fruice is concentrated :rolleyes: . Go to tesco, u can get the 2l bottles, its says 100% squeezed on it :), thats the good sh1t.

yea the "good sh1t" is the crucial words here, if i drink 2ltrs of that a day i'll be on the crapper all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭derek27

my opinion... man if coke as that bad for you, as some people have said, it wouldn't be so freely available, or such a profitable market for anyone to go in to. as the founding father of modern toxicology, Paracelsus, said "All substances are poisonous, there is none which is not a poison; the right
    dose differentiates a poison from a remedy", circa 1538... ie: you drink enough pure water, and you will die or you take enough paracetamol and you will die, similarly, drink enough coke and you will die. the dose makes the poison. anyway, getting back to the coke... my da used to drink, no messing, about 12 litres of coke a day. he doesn't drink that much anymore... but when he was, the main problem, apart from the obvious caffeine issue was he had a lot of diarrhoea, which i can understand because nearly every brand of coke has a high amount of phenylalanine in it, considering that a lot of people wouldn't have a problem drinkin a litre of coke on any given day, which is an amino acid, but on its own as a compound has a pretty potent laxative effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭derek27

and before anyone quotes me... i'm aware of how bad cigarettes are for you yet they are freely available... what a world

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

i drink about 4-6 litres of pepsi max every day and im just fine.

sure im fine,
    fine as fine is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 chunga_monster

simply because diet coke is horrendous :)

Diet coke is worse! acidic and seems to give off more of a caffiene kick.

Advertisement