Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you think I've a problem?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Tanabe

I can't imagine drinking that much Coca-Cola per day is doing u much (if any) good. :confused:

But as somebody kindly pointed out in an earlier reply, too much of anything is bad for you. Hell, even Freddie & Queen pointed out "Too much love will kill you, just as sure as none at all......."

Personally the only time I consume the Cola is:

A) with my favourite tipple ie. a large JD

or

B) suffering a severe hangover!

Hope this helps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

Do you have diabetes yet????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

http://www.newmediaexplorer.org/sepp/2004/04/09/aspartame_neurotoxic_coca_cola_pepsi_nutra_sweet_sued_in_california.htm

But I still drink tons of it lol ;0)

But, I gotta say..... have ya tried Dr. Pepper??? mmmmmm ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Try Caffine free diet coke. That can't be too bad for you, and will probably help wean you off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭MazStar

Did an experiment in school years ago - put a tooth into a cup of coke for a few days and the tooth eroded away -totally dissappeared! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Try Caffine free diet coke. That can't be too bad for you, and will probably help wean you off it.
    Yesterday 01:03

The caffine is only half the problem, that is what get you so addicted to this poison. It is the various chemicals they use to make this stuff that is doing the most harm. Think about putting a little caffine in a toilet cleaner and getting addicted to that :cool: .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

I used to be addicted to Coke but not to that much! It is the taste and the combination of caffeine and coca extract that makes it so addictive I believe.

And the guy that drinks 4 -6 litres of Pepsi Max a day...that is just scary.

Why???

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

tuxy wrote:
    why is it worth it? what do you gain from it
    life is not worth living if i don't enjoy it.coke is a thousand times nicer,for me, than any other drink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

MazStar wrote:
    Did an experiment in school years ago - put a tooth into a cup of coke for a few days and the tooth eroded away -totally dissappeared! :eek:
    No you didn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭rainglow

Coke and all sugary fizzy drinks increase your biological age far beyond your actual chronological age. Your biological age is how old you are on the inside and can be older or younger than your actual age based on whether you're doing good or bad things to your body.

There was a huge article in the Sunday Times about this a couple of years back. One of the people discussed in the article was a 15 year old boy who was drinking 2L of Coke a day. When they ran tests on him to determine his biological age, he had the kidneys and liver of a 47 year old man!! You can undo the damage though, and within about a year of quitting Coke he was back in the teens again.

Oh and on the tooth thing - diet drinks are just as bad for you as the phosphoric acid in soft drinks causes as much damage as the sugar

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

life is not worth living if i don't enjoy it.coke is a thousand times nicer,for me, than any other drink.

:rolleyes: , your addicted to it m8, its not that its nicer than all the other drinks, its that it gives you that fix that you crave :cool: .
    Do you smoke?
    Its like a smoker saying i smoke because it makes my life better, it doesnt! You have to tell yourself that to try and make it okay :cool: .

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

no i don't smoke.not really addicted to coke.i didn't drink any all summer,just drank water.i live next door to a shop now and so i choose my fav drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Geiger

Why did I have to discover this thread while drinking a glass of coke...

Advertisement