Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

50 Cent to re-release "The Massacre"

• 02-08-2005 9:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭

"Fiddy" is re-releasing the massacre with 21 video's, thats one for everysong.
    He says...
    "I'm the king of originality, no artist has ever done this before.

Jay-Z - "Streets is Watchin". Nuff said.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Sounds like he is just desperate for a few more album sales.
    Listening to him is one thing but why would you want to look at him in 21 videos?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

Sounds good to me might buy it assuming its on dvd and not some mpegs on a cd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I never understood peoples liking of 50. The man can barely even speak let alone form a sentance with basic syntax. Did all of the 9234 bullets that he took hit him in the brain?
    ****ing idiot.

P.S Fiddy, if you are reading this, then learn how to rap with the beat, not just talk over some funky sound disregarding rythym. Oh and you are a twat.

If you dont like him then dont listen to him its simple as that, the same way i probably dont want to listen to whatever you do but then again im not making pointless posts about that like you.

Oh and no the 9234 bullets that he took didnt hit him in the brain but one hit him in the face and took out a tooth and a chunk of gum and that why he talks like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

D-Generat is entitled to his opinion Kristok.Simply because you disagree doesn't mean his post is 'worthless'.

Compared to the Game and Banks,50's rapping isn't terrible.He is technically far from awful but the pop crap like Candy Shop and Just a little bit is painful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 djblueice

I think 50cent is alright, I just don't like the "Beef" that they all have with all the rest of the rappers, cant we all just get along?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭big syke

here we go again..........b1tching over fiddy

He is fully entitled to his opinion and I dont mind if he hates him but this thread is "50 Cent to re-release "The Massacre" not what do you think of 50 cent. D-Generate has never even posted here as far as i can see besides this one post so he should keed his opinions to himself or start a thread about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Jayzus!!! The amount of hate that 50 gets on this board is unreal. Fair enough he's gone really sh!te and he's over saturating the whole business world. But isn't that what he set out to do. I remember him saying in an interview before he made it that he was gonna have all his g-unit stuff, from the shoes to the vitamin water to the watches. then theres the movie. he's achieved his goal and I don't think his trying anymore with his music, he doesn't have to. He's a bo$$ now. "G-Unit ni99a thats whatsup!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

50 hatred on the internet is a hobby these days, it maintains your level of credibillity apparently

Is he overrated? Yes
    Is he talented? A bit, but theres many who are better
    Does he make decent tunes with good production? Yes
    Does he go around picking fights with people more talented? Yes
    Has he lied about his past? Yes (a guy who claims to have been selling coke since age 12 and has a song called High All the Time never once put a bit up his own nose? Bollix, its all sh1te so nhe gets ad deals with health-oriented companies)

Hes not the most original ever, but Id rather listen to 50 talk about guns then some southern prick with their "get it crunk in tha cluuubbbbb" sh1te
    Hell, speaking of the south, Id rather listen to 50 rap about guns than twats like Andre 3000 saying "i wanna stank you.....stank you very much....." in their songs

• Advertisement

Yeah but crunk is a steaming pile of crap too, I'd rather listen to Bob the Builder than that.

Tha Gopher wrote:
    50 hatred on the internet is a hobby these days, it maintains your level of credibillity apparently

Is he overrated? Yes
    Is he talented? A bit, but theres many who are better
    Does he make decent tunes with good production? Yes
    Does he go around picking fights with people more talented? Yes
    Has he lied about his past? Yes (a guy who claims to have been selling coke since age 12 and has a song called High All the Time never once put a bit up his own nose? Bollix, its all sh1te so nhe gets ad deals with health-oriented companies)

Hes not the most original ever, but Id rather listen to 50 talk about guns then some southern prick with their "get it crunk in tha cluuubbbbb" sh1te
    Hell, speaking of the south, Id rather listen to 50 rap about guns than twats like Andre 3000 saying "i wanna stank you.....stank you very much....." in their songs

I agree totally. But its not just gettin crunk in the club that southern rappers are about. Crunk is a movement started by lil jon. Just cos he's from the south don't generalise. "Gettin crunk" is slang anyways, same as "wildin' out" etc. And Andre 3000 has more talent in his dandruff than 50 cent has in all of his steroid pumped body.

Did lil jon start the crunk thing ? I thought it was just a general term down there. But why is andree 3000 any better than 50 ? he is even more pop orientated than 50 is, your roses smell like poo poo poo isnt exactly going for street cred.

^^^^^
    You obviously not a 'kast fan. If you were you'd know that roses is on big boi's "speakerboxx" and you'd also know how good a rapper andre is. Why do so many other rappers and critics have him in they top10? Fair enough, I'm not that into "The Love Below", but what's wrong with experimenting & growing as an artist. Sh!t, everyother rapper sounds the fcukin same these days cos its all done to the same fcukin formula 16-8-16-8-16-8-8.

Wow, if you were an Outkast fan, you would know Roses is on the Love Below, right after Hey Ya.

Cos like it takes a real fan to know that kind of thing.

Well I think I've got a good idea, the people that dont like 50 cent don't have to post on this thread, and the ones that are going to support him or have more questions can, its simple as that, cause by postin the thread I don't think he ment for people come in and start dissing a rapper that he likes, so can we please all move on? :D

Welcome to boards.ie.
    You may aswell get used to it on the Hip-Hop board, we have a terrible reputation for going miles off topic and flaming/trolling. It's not all bad though, honestly. :D

lol yeah ik, but everyone just gets in arguments, and stupid ones like 50 cent..lol wow, let him deal with his own problems... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

djblueice wrote:
    lol yeah ik, but everyone just gets in arguments, and stupid ones like 50 cent..lol wow, let him deal with his own problems... :D

What? like dealing with how shít he really is as an artist? :D that might be hard to overcome, although im sure all that time in the hood toughened him up for it, and im even surer that all those lovely millions he has will keep him comfort when everyones telling him how shíte he is. or the fact that NaS is gonna (hopefully) finish his career for him or at least get rid of any respect he has left. :p

evil_seed wrote:
    ^^^^^
    You obviously not a 'kast fan. If you were you'd know that roses is on big boi's "speakerboxx" and you'd also know how good a rapper andre is. Why do so many other rappers and critics have him in they top10? Fair enough, I'm not that into "The Love Below", but what's wrong with experimenting & growing as an artist. Sh!t, everyother rapper sounds the fcukin same these days cos its all done to the same fcukin formula 16-8-16-8-16-8-8.

I think makaveli said it best but no im not a massive outkast fan although i do think they are good but the fact is you compared andre to 50 and when you think about it outkast are as pop a rap group as you will find.

I wish you guys could put as much effort into starting your own threads discussing stuff like outkast instead of jumping into the middle of a 50 cent or whatever thread. If you did this place would be a bit more livly.

• Advertisement

ubu: you know you must have had it just as ruff as he has hadnt you? Living in the ghetto? Getting shot at? yeah I'm sure your life at one point was that ruff...The last thing he needed was people to diss him, all the people in the ghetto work hard for what they want, they have to work way harder then the high socity, just let him do what people hired him to do, maybe hes not the best singer in your opinion, so what he must have been good or he wouldnt be where he is now... :eek:

Kristok wrote:
    I think makaveli said it best but no im not a massive outkast fan although i do think they are good but the fact is you compared andre to 50 and when you think about it outkast are as pop a rap group as you will find.

I wish you guys could put as much effort into starting your own threads discussing stuff like outkast instead of jumping into the middle of a 50 cent or whatever thread. If you did this place would be a bit more livly.

I did start this thread on 50. I'm not the one who brought up outkast. And yes I got it wrong about "Roses" but i dont agree with you that Outkast are as pop a group as you will find. Thats the Black Eyed Peas.

Now he's bringing out an autobiography :eek: . "From Pieces to Weight: Once Upon a Time in Southside, Queens" is scheduled to hit the stores August 16th. This will create more of a buzz about him bein a snitch.

Black eyed peas and outkast are very simular in their style.

I never understand the snitch stuff with 50, other people said names on their songs just like he did. And its not like the police didnt know who these people where its like saying if u2 did a song about the general they are snitchs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yak_kadafi

heres my contibution to all of this.................**** 50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

^Give that man a medal.

I think 50 has always been, and will always be, about making money. I don't really give a fuçk about the re-release, because I won't be buying it, but I do think if this sh¡t continues to happen then people are going to get even more sick of rap until eventually the mainstream falls apart and is replaced by some new fad. Cause to be honest, that's all 50 really is. A fad, and they never last long.

Im not really sure 50 is a fad, you could say that about puffys rap carrier but hes still about and still making money although mainly through non music sources.

As for the album re release heres something i saw on another site.

For a record considered to be just a warning shot, 50 Cent's "Piggy Bank" continues to have the largest ripple effect of any rap song this year. Last week Nas finally responded to the cut, and this week 50 issued a video mixtape that includes a full-length clip for the song.

The video is animated and starts with three boys walking down "Beaver Street" when one of them stops at an arcade. The kid is infatuated with a game called "Rapper Knockout," which stars 50 Cent as a ring king beating opponents to a pulp. The video then takes a look inside the video game as 50 squares off against Fat Joe. The animated Joe is afraid to go the ring at first, and gets pummeled when he finally enters.

The same fate holds true for an animated Jadakiss, which Fif imagines dressed up like a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle — complete with Raphael's red mask and a slice of pizza — wearing a belt with a buckle that says "Jada."

Later, 50 depicts Game as a Mr. Potato Head doll with a "Wanksta" headband and Cassidy as a young kid wearing a pink hoodie with "I'm a Hustler" embroidered on it. Cass gets punched in the stomach by two kids. In a separate scene, another kid is seen wearing Superman's tights and cape while running down the street. Instead of the Man of Steel's S, he has a red logo of Nas' name on his chest and is chasing a "Milkshake" truck before jumping at the vehicle and falling flat on his face.

"Piggy Bank" is one of 21 videos slated to be included in a special-edition reissue of The Massacre, which is due on September 6. Fif has made a video for every song on his album (the original version of "Outta Control" will be replaced with the Mobb Deep remix) including "Gunz Come Out," in which plenty of heavy artillery will be brandished, and "In My Hood," which shows Fif waking through the neighborhood.

50 has a real video game called "Bulletproof," which has nothing to do with his rap beef, due on November 15. This coming Tuesday 50 will release his autobiography, "From Pieces to Weight." In the meantime, Fif continues to travel the country as part of the Anger Management 3 Tour (see "Eminem, 50, Lil Jon, G-Unit, D12 Team Up For Anger Management 3 Tour This Summer"). He'll perform for the first time at Madison Square Garden in his hometown on Monday and Tuesday.

If the videos were done as a story it would be pretty good. I dunno if the album is in a story sequence though.

just saw the Outta Control remix its pretty cool their t shirts are good, mobb deep, g unit, game over.

On the other hand saw the piggy bank video and its pretty rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

I'm really not a fan of 50 and hated the Massacre but have to admit the Outta Control Remix with Mobb Deep is a great track, probably his most un-pop single so far too

Advertisement