Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Henry Circus Diabolos

Options
  • 02-08-2005 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭

I have plans to change slightly my current diabolo setup.

Right now it consists of a small cheap diabolo, which I believe cost a tenner or so in visuals.

The plan is to purchase two Henrys Circus diabolos (because they're sh1t hot) and turn my current diabolo into a fire diabolo (with the aid of two metal canteen bowls and some kevlar. More details will follow. Eventually....)

It is generally understood that the Henrys Circus are the best diabolos currently available, but they are fairly pricy, at 30 euro each from the Henrys site. Does anyone know anywhere I would be able to get my hands on these in a more convenient way (without having to pay postage, etc...)??? I was thinking about looking for 2nd hand ones on ebay if I can find some in good condition.

Or should I wait till I get to a stall at the next convention that might possibly have some? Or wait till Henrys come to the EJC in Dublin next year, and get them cheap then (assuming I can wait that long...)

Advice anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Try get someone who's going to the ejc this year to get them for you. Someone in one of the juggling clubs will oblige.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

thats a good point.. I know a few people who are going.
    hmmm

I will have my diabolos by the end of the month =0)
    Declan is picking them up for me, but is going to Amsterdam for a few days before he returns to Ireland.
    soon, soon.... they will be mine. Hopefully by this time next year I'll have cause to buy another one at the next EJC. One year to be confident enough with two diabolo to aspire to move on to three? I think I could do it =0)

I think you can do it took me bout that long. i was trying to send you that vid but it kept timing out. if you bring in a blank cd next tuesday i'll give you my diabolo collection

just got two diabolos to circle each other 41 times. a vast improvement on twelve =0)

• Advertisement

Is that all? only joking, not bad going for a days practice

got it up to 49 this morning, before one of them went sideways. next step is two diabolo corrections....

Have my henry's circus diabolos.
    One green.
    One purple.
    Aluminium handsticks.
    They say having aluminium hubs on the diabolo makes them unsuitable for grinding. Why is that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Zukustious

Ah well y'know.... cause of the eh... ungrindable nature... of aluminium.
    Yeah there ya go.

the ali hubs wear away after grinding for a while and the hub dent if the get hit with the sticks. teflon all the way

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Zukustious

I was about to say that too.

Advertisement