Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Derry vs Bohs

• 02-08-2005 9:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Derry won 2-1 to narrow the gap to 4 poiints.
    18' [0 - 1] B. Molloy (o.g.)
    34' [1 - 1] P. Hutton (pen.)
    55' K. Oman Sent Off
    81' [2 - 1] Martyn

I reckon they will win league due to Cork not buying anyone to replace Doyle or even add to the squad.

Dont matter really once Shels dont win it and tonight it moved another step away.

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Thats 6 in a row for Derry. Championship winning form any other year. Cork City are matching them all the way.

The games in the next 3 weeks will be crucial.

I knew 33/1 was too big at the start of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Hard luck tonite to the Bohs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Derry and Cork really have impressed this season! Credit due to whoever wins it! Just hoping the other one drops off enough to allow Shels to nab 2nd place, or that they both meet in the FAI cup final, giving 3rd euro spot to the league.

Either way, crucial result tonight,fair play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Seems McCourt was impressive on his debut

Big win for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    Derry and Cork really have impressed this season! Credit due to whoever wins it! Just hoping the other one drops off enough to allow Shels to nab 2nd place, or that they both meet in the FAI cup final, giving 3rd euro spot to the league.

Either way, crucial result tonight,fair play.

Jol;lyrodgers sig will not like that comment :D

But Bohs be 3rd and pats be in the FAI cup final :D

Oh wishful thinking .....

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Cork City are matching them all the way.

Shouldnt that read, Derry are matching Cork City all the way. CCFC are, afterall, 4 points clear of Derry with a far far superior goal difference(arguably worth another point?).

HUGE result tonight for Derry. It effectively ends any lingering hopes Bohs may have had of sneaking into contention, and puts the pressure right on Cork City. Derry are now 10 clear of Shels who have 1 game in hand.

The next few weeks are massive. Cork Citys next 3 games are Waterford (H), Shels (H) and Derry (A). I reckon a 5-7 point haul, and CCFC are uncatchable. Of course, the game i the Brandywell is now a definite 6 pointer. I know Id be delighted with a draw. I wonder will Setanta or a.n other televise it? Will they fúck.

Its looking increasingly likely that its going to the last day of the season, a tale of two Citys - Cork Vs Derry, winner takes all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

i love when cork throw it away on the last day of the season makes it that much sweeter :)

any reviews on mccourt ?

Different era Sarge.

Different league, different mentality, different Cork City FC.

you guys are known for blowing it on the last day

We're not as good as the masters. ;)

Step forward Shels

• Advertisement

We're not as good as the masters. ;)

Step forward Shels

The masters!? Christ, step forward Rico...

Rico was only a pawn! :D

Sarge wrote:
    you guys are known for blowing it on the last day

While City have had a chance to win the league on the last day of the season 3 times in the last 13 years, only once have City truly blown it, and that was agaisnt Dundalk in 1992. The other 2 times, City were 3 points behind the lead team, with only an outside chance of catching ie, a City win, and a SPA/Shels loss. Hardly blowing it!

Mr Tom McNutly please step forward :)

richardson is a jinx to be honest my money is cork last day of the season again blowing it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

We've only lost 5 league games this season and 4 of them were to Cork and Derry which pretty much sums up who the real contenders are this season.

Derry are doing great this season but I can't see anyone but Cork. 1 loss in 19 is phenomenal for this league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Our problem seems to be not being able to take a single point against the top 2. Having said that, I think that Cork are a far superior team to Derry, and Cork as easily the best team I've seen in the league so far this season. They'll win the league, Rain man certainly won't anyway. :mad:

Not wanting to start a war here, but how do you Bohs fans feel now about Kennys sacking?

Even at the time I thought it was harsh, ill informed and stupid. Now I think it was a knee jerk, ill informed, stupid move by the Bohs board.

Of course, that being said, Farrelly seems to be getting better as ye go along, and he is certainly a class player.

I'm not a Bohs fan but Kenny had to go the way I saw it. Seemed to have completley lost the run of himself by the end, he got himself regrouped now and is showing his class but for his own sake I think he had to go from Bohs.

Slash/ED wrote:
    I'm not a Bohs fan but Kenny had to go the way I saw it. Seemed to have completley lost the run of himself by the end, he got himself regrouped now and is showing his class but for his own sake I think he had to go from Bohs.

he took bohs as far as he could same with longford

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Slash/ED wrote:

Dont be talking our future manager like that :D

Good manager just getting exp before he comes home.

Btw match ended 3-1 Aertel updated some time today :confused:

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

gimmick wrote:
    Not wanting to start a war here, but how do you Bohs fans feel now about Kennys sacking?

He had lost the players (not to suggest that Kenny's poor results weren't their fault too), the fans, and most importantly, he lost a crucial European home game. His Bohs team used to always sit on leads, and his substitutions were ill-timed and ill-chosen. Confidence-wiese, he is a disaster being interviewed, and has a petty, self-defensive personality. Other than that, I suppose his coaching ability and eye for talent is not in doubt.

Advertisement