Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

netopia wireless modem fot bt broadband

• 02-08-2005 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

does anyone know how to configure the netopia modem for bt broadband?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

I just plugged mine in and entered my BT username/password and it connected straight away without changing any settings.
    In case you need the settings, here they are:
    VPI: 8
    VCI: 35
    Protocol: PPP over Ethernet LLC/SNAP. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭roastie

cheers for that problem sorted now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭pugleon

Quick question. I just ordered Esat last week as my line finally passed (exchange just got enabled). Never had dsl on the line at home so I'm taking it eircom have to plug me in or enable some stuff on their exchange.

I also have a netopia dsl modem a friend gave me. Taking it theres no point in testing it until eircom do their thing. Or do ya reckon its already enabled since the exchange itself is now active. Never worked with lines that weren't already active, so just wondering what the deal is. Be nice if I could plug in tonight, I've got the IBB blues :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Eventhough the exchange has been upgraded, each line must be activated individually as the BB orders come in.
    BT will contact you when you are live with them or you can check your order status on the BT website.
    You could setup your modem and as soon as the DSL light comes on you'll know the line is enabled :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭pugleon

Thanks man. Figured as much but hoping things changed since last I checked. I "was" dreaming of what i'd do with the euro millions jackpot. Now I just dream of a non-ibb broadband connection where things download at more then 6KB/sec and I don't have to resume things on ftp every couple of minutes. **Druels**

• Advertisement
Advertisement