Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm absolutely sick ok Irish broadband.

• 02-08-2005 11:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 849 ✭✭✭

I’m absolutely sick ok Irish broadband .. I cancelled my 1mb breeze (so called 2mb) line today .. ive been with irish brodband for over 6 months , I have to admit the first month was fine I got a solid 1mb service great pings etc .. After that it all fell apart with my connection dropping below 56k speeds at times .. ive wasted countless hours on the phone to there customer support calling on more than 6 occasions and getting nowhere.

The customer support is absolutely useless and seems to find pleasure in blaming “the technology” .. most of the time stating that my service was perfectly fine .. I think someone should write a thread on “The excuses that Irish Broadband use.”.. I wish someone would tell them no matter how many times you reboot equipment it wont solve the problem. I don’t know if it’s the churn in staff or the pure lack of capacity the network has but the service is a disgrace.

I would tell any new customer thinking of signing up to think twice before they do so. It seems that they don’t seem to care that they are selling a half arsed service.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

isn't it only in dublin the problems exist?

They have offerings in cork/galway and a few other places ... duno if its right to condem them completely .. yet :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Cr8or

I would tell any new customer thinking of signing up to think twice before they do so.

I didn’t say "don’t use them" just think twice and make your own decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Have IBB for 3 months now, Ballymun, never a single problem.

I seem to be the only one...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

i must say that more than anything, they should be done for false advertising.
    http://www.irishbroadband.ie/pdf/technical.pdf

basically flies in the face of advertising that 'you get a symmetrical connection' 'high speed' etc. cause you dont, you are only getting a 21.3 kbps connection which is burstable to 1mbps , which might not be too bad to some, but the fact is, that you cannot burst to that most of the time, or at your choosing, and it may not be available at all. And the very mention of leased lines as a competing product will make a person immediately assume that the advertised speeds are in some way close to constant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Well my NTL connection is humming away and IBB unistal on the way!!

Dleighted to be free of the poor service! I dont mind 330kps uploads !

D

• Advertisement
Advertisement