Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin cost of living

Options
  • 02-08-2005 11:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

Curious, What sort of salary do you think a single person would need to be earning (minimum) to live well, nothing say with a monthly mortgage of 1,100 in Dublin.
    25k,35k,50k..Just giving thought to emigrating, and trying to weigh up all the pros and cons!
    Also is there any sights for Irish emigrants in the US, where i can get advice etc?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

Curious, What sort of salary do you think a single person would need to be earning (minimum) to live well, nothing say with a monthly mortgage of 1,100 in Dublin.
    25k,35k,50k..Just giving thought to emigrating, and trying to weigh up all the pros and cons!
    Also is there any sights for Irish emigrants in the US, where i can get advice etc?

I would say 50k.

As for emigrating to the US - find out what you would get out of it first. You may find that it would be even more expensive in a large city and getting immigrant status is limited.

My advice would be to learn Russian or Chinese and move to the new land of opportunity.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Dublin7

Well they wont let you take a mortgage of Euros 1100 if you only earn 25k, not sure about 35k :D
    The more the merier anyway :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 greenvanmonkey

"any sights for Irish emigrants in the US, where i can get advice etc?"
    ---- the Lincoln Memorial in Washington has been know to talk to people sometimes.

Advertisement