Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Admin page in the Biki

Options
  • 03-08-2005 1:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭

Was just sifting through the biki and noticed ecksor wasnt listed as an Admin on the admin entry: http://www.boards.ie/wiki/index.php/Admins
    The page is locked (for obvious reasons I suppose) so I cant edit it. So if those who can are bothered...
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

ecksor stepped down as Admin for a while a few months back but now he's back in black and so forth... methinks the page was written when he was a mod

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

I managed to make the same deduction; but hes back now so if anyones arsed updating the biki

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Your signature is very big, is there really a need to quote like that

Yes, there is such a need. Its got to do with my effort to get taunting and one upmanship banned in the politics forum. Complaining to the mods hasn'd worked, but I believe I can show the status quo to be unreasonable.
    As for its size, Ill remove the first quote, hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

:(
    My first quoting was short-lived

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

done. although I think it should be lowercase e.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Yes, there is such a need. Its got to do with my effort to get taunting and one upmanship banned in the politics forum. Complaining to the mods hasn'd worked, but I believe I can show the status quo to be unreasonable.

Cloud wrote:
    * For text signatures: 4 lines normal size OR 8 lines small size, and up to 90 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. Do not use the [.quote] [./quote] tags.
    * For images in signatures: 1 image up to 300 pixels wide, 125 pixels tall and 20k in size. No animated images are allowed.

I believe you are not allowed use quotes at all in sigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

You know, I've looked but I can't find a single reported post from you or a PM on this issue you've got. My Outlook search might be borked but as far as I can see there's nothing in the past five years.

No chance you could send me a PM containing more than a short few words? It's hard to act on a complaint that either I've never received or you didn't send.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Accoring to Sand the PIRA carried out the omagh bombing. Its amazing how delusional some ppl can be. rolleyes.gif
    Speaking of delusional, I don't recall Sand saying anything of the kind. Feel free to correct me with a direct quote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

oscarBravo wrote:
    Speaking of delusional, I don't recall Sand saying anything of the kind. Feel free to correct me with a direct quote.

Not to mention kaptain's utter inability to provide a single source to back your statistics, while claiming you're winning on "facts"

Honestly I've never seen more juvenile debating in politics, than the kaptain's inspid posts, shouting "I'm winning" over and over again, isn't an argument, it's self cheerleading.

And sands is "delusional" :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Seamus, ill put you back in my sig some way just without the quote function ;)

Sceptre, I pm'd uber/earthman (cant remember) a long time ago an mentioned it here in feedback around the time irish1 got banned from politics and ppl were discussing the clampdown on personal abuse.

Oscar, in the thread about the PIRA statement, sand starts listing PIRA attrocities. Then it becomes a "they" that support/commit them. And "them" becomes Warrington and Omagh. Thats blurring the lines of fact a bit too much.

Mycroft, complaing to mods about one up man ship didnt stop it, championing it to an extreme level has *seemed* to get earthman to bring a stop to it. If I want to make a tit of myself to prove a point the only person that has to live with that is me, but thanks for your concern.

and hobbes thanks for updating the biki

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Oscar, in the thread about the PIRA statement, sand starts listing PIRA attrocities. Then it becomes a "they" that support/commit them. And "them" becomes Warrington and Omagh. Thats blurring the lines of fact a bit too much.
    Right. So when you said "according to Sand" what you meant was "according to the meaning I've decided to extrapolate from a number of distinct things Sand said". Thanks for clearing that up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Sorry but could you take your crap back to politics, o yea that right the mod there don't tolerate this ****e anymore. thank you to whome ever it was that aedited the sig, I care not about the content.

an analogy, if in a thread about the BA in Iraq, and someone starts calling defenders of BA attrocities defenders of evil actions and then picks 2 examples, one which has nothing to do with the BA but the USA - would be reasonable not to put in a disclamier since youve used the collective term they? I would have thought something like look what they did, when up till now "they" exclusivly meant BA would be misleading?

But this has really gone way off topic, and as it happens you are a regular in politics, want to discuss it there?

[edit] Some one got in before me :) [/edit]

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Sceptre, I pm'd uber/earthman (cant remember) a long time ago an mentioned it here in feedback around the time irish1 got banned from politics and ppl were discussing the clampdown on personal abuse.
    Ah, so when you say "complaining to the mods hasn't worked" you mean "complaining to the mods that I chose to complain to". Useless. And misleading.
    Mycroft, complaing to mods about one up man ship didnt stop it
    See whaddimean? Useless. And misleading.

Tell you what though, I'll still consider your complaint if you get up off your arse and complain to me about it. If you don't, stop complaining about it.
    championing it to an extreme level has *seemed* to get earthman to bring a stop to it.
    I'll make this simple. You've got the option to make your case to me and you can do that. I'll consider it and give you a decision that I'll base on something rational. If you choose to make trouble on the forum to prove some point that you were too lazy to raise with me I'll just ban you outright and your point (whatever it is) will die with your access. It's worth keeping in mind that I don't like adding a long list of "thou shalt not do X" to the rules as it tends to give people latitude to run around the precise rules wherever possible.

Nevertheless you've not reported a single post on the board using the report button in the past <ever> as far as I can see. You're not really in a position to accuse anyone of ignoring your complaint when you didn't bother to take the thirty seconds required to do that.

Frankly as someone who's been entrusted to moderate another forum I'd expect a bit more effort than acting the tit if you've got a problem. Like all other users you've got the choice of starting a thread on Feedback about it or PMing the mods until they all tell you to bugger off. According to you you sent messages to two and I've only your word for that and no idea of the content or the precise nature of the complaint.

Your call. PM or a thread here on the issue. Last communication from me on the issue (which hasn't been defined or outlined) until you do either. And no acting the tit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

This post has been deleted.

Scintillating debate like Kaptain Redeye's? Oh yeah. Crushed.
    championing it to an extreme level has *seemed* to get earthman to bring a stop to it.

So lets get this clear, you were acting the maggot to demostrate the flaws in the moderator rulings?

Damn, why didn't I think of that one!

And tell me when you called me a "****ing tw*t" in that pm many moons ago what convention where you challenging then? (think it's still in my inbox as well)

Honestly behaviour like this from a Mod. Have you post'd anything about this in the forum charter? No. Feedback? Er no. You decided to be obnoxious and abusive, and come up with some feeble flim flam about challenging moderator behaviour.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Sceptre has it correct, there are lines of complaint and I think you'll find Sceptre a very reasonable mod. I take poorly to people who cause trouble to draw attention to a complaint they havent articulated. This is also off topic for this thread so it will be closed soon unless anyone has anything to add.

DeV.

Advertisement