Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommending The Traveling Wilburys!

• 03-08-2005 8:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭

Anyone ever heard of them?, the wilburys are a brilliant band form the late eighties which was made up of

Nelson Wilbury - George Harrison
    Otis Wilbury - Jeff Lynne
    Lefty Wilbury - Roy Orbison
    Charlie T. Jnr. - Tom Petty
    Lucky Wilbury - Bob Dylan

With such a brilliant lineup, nothing short of brilliant music resulted in two studio albums, named Vol.1 and Vol. 3 respectively. There were also two bootlegs named Vol. 2 and Vol.4. I would recommend them to any fan of any of the five artists, but sadly, the albums are no longer available in shops, but thanks to eBay and Amazon are still available very cheaply, All four albums can be picked up on 2 CDs for less than €20

More info can be found at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traveling_Wilburys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Funk Daddy

Meh - they were okay. Very disappointing for such a star-studded line-up though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

I can see where you're coming from, but i have to say i enjoyed it and i normally wouldn't enjoy music so mellow, I'm more of a Zappa/Zeppelin/Radiohead fan, but there was somethin special about the Wilburys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

I'm surprised to hear that someone here actually remembers them! :D

That was great stuff (and Vol. 1 much better than Vol. 2, IMO)

Now where did those tapes disappear............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,631 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

They bring back memories of car journies with my parents as a kid, being on repeat on the tape player. Some good stuff there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Ditto.

My old man had it on repeat as well :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement