Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how the hell do i uninstall ?

Options
  • 03-08-2005 9:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭

It wont let me remove this game no matter what I do ?
    It wouldn't let me patch it either ...how did the pill of Poo ever leave the test floor...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

i had a problem patching
    heres what you do
    run the patch
    when you get to the screen that says 'the install shield wizard is ready to begin installation' go to start>run and type %temp% and sort the contents by date, if you open the most recent one, ignore corecomp.inf and go into the next folder. copy the contents to your BF2 directory and run the patch.exe

problem solved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

jaggeh wrote:
    i had a problem patching
    heres what you do
    run the patch
    when you get to the screen that says 'the install shield wizard is ready to begin installation' go to start>run and type %temp% and sort the contents by date, if you open the most recent one, ignore corecomp.inf and go into the next folder. copy the contents to your BF2 directory and run the patch.exe

problem solved

All that just to fuppin uninstall it? I was gonna buy it there, but...ugh....sounds like hassle :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Well Mobile I'm selling mine IN THE SHOP forums for 30 yoyos :D
    never played or registered online ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

I had a problem soon after I bought where BF2 wouldnt work.....was working for a day and then nothing....would get to server screen where you would pick and then sit there

Got pi**ed off so tried to uninstall, wouldnt uninstall, tired everything......tried to reinstall and wouldnt work....took that it must have been some virus so did Windows reinstall because Virus check picked up nothing......got BF2 back up and running.....2 days later my HDD crashed and was f**ked to say the least(sent off 2 get new one).......so for the first week had major problems....not sure if BF2 crashed drive but hadnt a problem with system till I installed it......

Still dodgy running on smaller drive! have problems where it just sits for ages or will just frezze and have to turn off system to get it working :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

There is no chance that BF2 crashed your HDD.

More likely is that your hdd got a problem around same time you installed BF2.
    Saying that it didn't have a problem before doesnt mean much m8 cos with like most other things, if its gonna break it doesnt gvce much warning (except for what u saw, problems moving data, slow and possibly noisy all of which can be blamed on other things).

• Advertisement

B-K-DzR wrote:
    There is no chance that BF2 crashed your HDD.

More likely is that your hdd got a problem around same time you installed BF2.
    Saying that it didn't have a problem before doesnt mean much m8 cos with like most other things, if its gonna break it doesnt gvce much warning (except for what u saw, problems moving data, slow and possibly noisy all of which can be blamed on other things).

True prob didnt crash it but even with new drive have problems with it freezing up and then not been able to get out of it to desktop or anythign so I have to turn off the whole system and boot up again!! its great when Im on a server but mst of the time have problems when trying to connect to server!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

my suggestion was for if you have problems patching

Wat hardware you trying to install on? no point selling if the game is faulty!! will it install on any system?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I'm selling the game because it wont patch and it wont uninstall.. :D
    I only have a laptop and it's fine on that with low settigns but as i still haven't a broadband connection there's little point me holding on to it..

Advertisement