Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Java component display

Options
  • 03-08-2005 9:58am

Hey all,

Do any of you know how to adjust the display of Java components to for different screen resolutions?

Setting font size to something like 120 DPI (Windows) messes up components (eg. individual cells in a JTable not appearing correctly or at all).
    I'm not really sure where this problem would lie, so sorry if it's a little vague.

I thought layout managers would sort this out, but they don't seem to adjust for this.

Any help/pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated on this matter.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 dan_pretty_boy

Hi MoonHawk,

What Layout are you using ? You need to use GridBagLayout to have proper positioning

Danny

It's GridBagLayout, code is too big to post any, I thought though that Layout Managers were designed to adjust for different sizes of font and all...I think some components have been set to specific sizes (it's not all my code).

Thanks for reply

Advertisement