Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F.E.A.R demo on friday

Options
  • 03-08-2005 9:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭

The singleplayer demo of fear will be released this friday, looks like itll be pretty sweet too. You can get it at www.whatisfear.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Pretor

RECOMMENDED HARDWARE
    ·Pentium® 4 3.0 GHz or equivalent processor
    ·1 GB RAM
    ·A 256 MB Radeon® 9800 Pro or equivalent DirectX® 9 compliant video car with hardware T&L and pixel shader 2.0 support

Thank god i got a new pc a week ago...... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

wow pretty high specs...fortunately i meet them all :D
    /me strokes pc lovingly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

yes yes yes this rocks :D

cant wait, been looking forward to playing this for a while (its no. 2 on my list behind b&w2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Pretor wrote:
    RECOMMENDED HARDWARE
    ·Pentium® 4 3.0 GHz or equivalent processor
    ·1 GB RAM
    ·A 256 MB Radeon® 9800 Pro or equivalent DirectX® 9 compliant video car with hardware T&L and pixel shader 2.0 support

Thank god i got a new pc a week ago...... :D

Jebus... thats pretty steep, i meet the RAM and GPU, but my processor is only a 2.4.... i wonder how it'll run.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

Yikes that is high. Well, i won't be playing that anytime soon. Roll on money. I'd say you Processor will manage fine. It's more graphics and RAM i'd be worried baout. This must be the first game of a new spec requirement.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Thats the recommended specs, minimum specs said a 1.6 p4 and radeon 9600, but i assume it would look sh!te running on that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

will let ye know how ****e it is on a ati mobility 9700 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Pretor

Cant image playing the game on low graphics, looks too sweet on high power

anyone downloading this yet?

i cant get through to the site

anyong got a direct link to the download?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

• Advertisement

thanks ciaran

was going to post this ftp://ftp.sierra.com/pub/sierra/fear/demo/fear_spdemo_en.exe

but the torrent is much better

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

i cant open the torrent download, what do you need to open it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

bittornado will do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

grabbing this now. looks good.

damn slow a$$ broadband

anyone got it yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Been waiting for this since I read about it a year or so back....anyone know what size the d/l file is?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

662 meg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Is it same demo as yanks got 2 months ago?

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

afaik there has only been the multiplayer betas out for fear so far and this being singleplayer should mean new demo.

btw if theres any people here that use newsgroups heres a nzb file.
    http://members.boards.ie/balkieb2002/fear_spdemo_en.part.nzb.zip
    just download and delete the .zip off the end (just be wary as no pars included)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Game looks amazeing and plays nicely apart from the odd loading stutter on my 2600xp 1 gig of ram 256meg 6800gt system with most things on max .

Think ill get it off play.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Fun demo, some of the graphics are really nice, some other effects look pretty terrible. Also pretty damn short.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

I Just played the demo.

WOW, is all I can say. The best game I think I've ever played.
    Gave me shivers a few times through it. I can see myself playing that demo over and over until the game comes out. That kid is scarey.

The slow-mo looks amazing. lol and when the soldiers dnt expect you and you throw a grenade, it sounds so good when you hear them just going "Fúck" and them trying to run. Nades in slowmo, and you will see blood everywhere.

It runs quite well I think (p4, 3.6ghz 1gb ram, 128mg 9800)
    UMMMMM

Cant wait for this and stalker, My two most looked forward games ever.
    HL2 was one, twas a good game but nothing special :D

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Kare Bear

I hust completed the demo.Best fps since hl2.

That torrent is crap....can't get any sort of decent speed out of it at all, and the ftp link is swamped.
    Anyone still waiting for this, it's up on fileplanet now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

There's smaller queues on 3ddownloads.com, while the US is asleep at least. Good speed too.

satchmo wrote:
    There's smaller queues on 3ddownloads.com, while the US is asleep at least. Good speed too.

Nice one but fileplanet was only 20min wait and I'm almost done now anyway...

Umm I just played it again, Damn nice game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Cosmonaut

Oh dear god. when i saw herself at the top of the ladder i sware i crapped my new tighties!

And that scene in the hallways.

Some beatiully scripted sequences i must say.
    the action is fun enough, i just hope its a bit more stable (felt a bit wavy - maybe its just me) for the released version.

cant wait though, looks like a solid game.
    just gotta stock up on nappies in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Did anyone get a wierd jutter when they fired? not recoil or whatnot, but sort of a delay, as if you were playing on-line on a 56k with no lag prediction or something, made it quite hard to shoot at the best of times when you have to cover for lag prediction in a single player demo, heh. Regardless, not a bad demo, some well scripted scenes and the marine AI is very impressive to say the least, their use of cover pretty damn good, and they move well too. Shame its only about 5-10 mins long though, thats madly short even by demo standards.

• Advertisement

Yea it was quite short. I just hope its not like hl2 and is going to be short itself.

Advertisement