Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F.E.A.R demo on friday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

satchmo wrote:
    There's smaller queues on 3ddownloads.com, while the US is asleep at least. Good speed too.
    Thanks for that link, only a 3 minute wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

600mb + for 10 mins gameplay? Is it really worth the download? Screenshots if ye can guys. Kudos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Tis actually bout 15mins :D

heres another linky: http://gamesdomain.yahoo.com/pc/fear/files/1121858

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I've never heard of this game (yes I've been living under a rock), but I'm curious what you people are wetting yourselves over... so I'm downloading.
    All the gamershell.com mirrors are packed aswell.
    Anyone want to give me the gyst of what makes this game special? I still know feck all about it.

Its one of the most anticapted fps this year for many reason including *ability to control time ie slow-mo mode (and very well done at that)
    *developers are makers behind NOLF series
    *one of the best looking games out on the pc
    *mystery horror/scary storyline
    *little girl in red dress :D

i'm sure theres more which will convince ya, mines a very quick rundown.

::check my above linky for a fast mirror with no waiting::

• Advertisement

Mih, I'm happy enough with the 113KB/s I'm getting from gamershell... 36% done, so I'm not switching, thanks tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

Anyone whos having trouble getting it should check out Gamersshell. I just finished downloading it @200kb for the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

BAM!

a2rwud.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

haha awesome...have this running @ 1600*1200 with all settings maxxed...cooling fans sound like they're about to lift off.
    Defintely be buying this title.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

what system spec do you have? that's good performance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

3.4 P4, 1536 RAM and 6800 vanilla 256mb

There are slight stutters at some load points but it's all pretty smooth apart from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Kare Bear

The controls and movement seem a little too complex like far crys.The weapons and physics are the best yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

I hate the assult rifle and SMG, they look and sound crap and the recoil is weird compared to other shooters. And there's too much blood when you shoot them. I think this is the first game that will get an anti-blood mod. The shotgun and energy gun are the best!

Looks sweet... although there's no support for widescreen resolutions (booo).
    I've only played the first part of it, but that bit with the spooky giggling girl was very well done... the way you only catch a dark glimpse out of the corner of your eye... or do you?! :eek:
    I just hope it's not going to be another eye-candy yawn-fest like Doom3. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

I just hope it's not going to be another eye-candy yawn-fest like Doom3. :rolleyes:
    Dont think so, they included AI with this game ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

I've played both the MP betas that got released, and I always knew this game was gonna kick a large chunk of elephant-sized ass, but jesus. It's brilliant. AI, from what I've seen - played through it on all difficulties, is spot on. Pretty funny when you surprise 'em too. And as in the MP, there's very little that's more satisfying than running full pelt at someone and scissor kicking them in the face. :)
    Damn little girl frightened the hell out of me
    when I spun around to climb down that ladder
    And if I recall correctly,
    when that big rocket-firing-muthaf*cka at the end fell through the roof
    , my only words were "Shìt."

Would've been nicer if the demo was a bit longer but at the same time I think it's just the right size to give everyone a taste of the majority of things without revealing too much.
    Needless to say I'll be at Gamestop the day this gets released (or some shop that actually releases things on time).
    I hate the assult rifle and SMG, they look and sound crap and the recoil is weird compared to other shooters. And there's too much blood when you shoot them. I think this is the first game that will get an anti-blood mod. The shotgun and energy gun are the best!

The SMG is ok, don't like it a whole lot though. The Assault Rifle is nice and meaty sounding, and good for running into a room and peppering people. Recoil would be different to other shooters as this game itself is different to other shooter, and there isn't too much blood! It's perfect the way it is.

You can always turn the blood off anyway. Although why anyone would want to do that...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Spike wrote:
    I've played both the MP betas that got released,
    Same, have to say I really enjoyed the multi player one, while I cant see it having a lasting charm, as far as get up and go frag fests go, it was quite a fun game, however the multiplayer weapon balance was badly lacking in the MP demo, the nailgun thing just destroyed everything.

They released a 2nd MP Beta with the pre-orders. When you pre-ordered a copy (in the US anyway, pretty sure no where else), you were given a bunch of keys etc. I managed to get hold of one so had a blast in that one too (still am having a blast in it!).

Anyway, in the 2nd beta they fixed a lot of issues that were in the 1st. The SMG was toned down, as was the Nailgun and the Pistols. They also fixed the things where the grenades wouldn't go through windows or sometimes doors, aswell as making everything a little bit prettier and the menu more friendly etc.

Worked quite well.

Course if you got the pre-order beta then you'd know that, I'm just assuming that you didn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I don't get it, what're you supposed to do in that thing? I just get to being infront of the wall that's splattered in blood, then I press the keypad and...nothing? Just static.

Whuzadeal?

• Advertisement

Its a mini game , man your gonna suck at the full game :p

Get to the photocopier and your done.

And the blood splattered wall
    its an elevator open the door and hope he survives, also answers1 ATV 2Telepathy 3 Alma

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Sgtshaft

Any chance you guys can post your spec and FPS with detail levels used. Cheers

Lol shut it you.

I still can't
    get out of the elevator, I press the button and then things go all fuzzy, followed by some blood, followed by an in game clip.
    WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!

Oh, and by the way it's
    ATC and not ATV
    :p , I'll kick ass at the full game..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm very impressed with this game. Looks gorgeous and was great fun for the short time it lasted. It's like a cross between a fps and silent hill. I love how the guns feel and handle and the fantastic debris and sparks that accompany the fire fights. I've a feeling it will be some thing rather special.

Arggh **** was getting into and forgot it was a demo
    then spooky bit with kid, followed by guy coming out of roof i kicked into slowmo started unleashing then....COMING SOON FALL 200%.......NOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heh website
    when you get out of elevator go to the photo copier read the piece of paper on the ground and your done answer the 3 Qs.

kdjac

But I can't get out of the elevator!
    :o

This is just wrecking my head. Been trying to do it for a solid hour and a half. I'll play some poker and then get back to it. Stupid things..mutter curses mutter.

Spike wrote:
    But I can't get out of the elevator!
    :o

This is just wrecking my head. Been trying to do it for a solid hour and a half. I'll play some poker and then get back to it. Stupid things..mutter curses mutter.

:D did it first time just there... very well made.
    Thats because you have to click on the paper on the ground beside the elevator

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

The single-player seems to be great, I love the melee attacks, especially the sliding kick. The weapon sound effects could use a little work though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

only had a quick blast on it last night, while drunk, for 5 minutes. Initial impression was 'wow, it looks like deus ex:IW', and i hates the zoom on the weapons, it just looks kind of gay, especially the pistol. But ill give it another chance when im sober! It seems good anyway, im sure ill appreciate it more when i can see the screen clearly :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Gamestop have their pre-order FEAR boxes on the shelves at the moment. They will have the game in stock on October 21st apparently. Is this date the same for all suppliers of FEAR or will sombody else have it available to buy earlier than this?

Advertisement