Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F.E.A.R demo on friday

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I was also very impressed. Monolith never really let me down. My upgrade to 2 gig of ram can't come quick enough though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

this game gave me a SPLITTING headache :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Deadwing wrote:
    this game gave me a SPLITTING headache :(

Which has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that you drunk last night...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

lmao...i was sober LAST night! that was on sunday...lol. But yeah..turn off head bob and mouse sensitivity to low unless you want a migraine playing this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

ci20050324_homer.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Wow. Just wow. Very nice game indeed, best since HL2. That demo scared the crap outta me! Ran very nicely too. Had all the options and effects maxed out and there was only the occassional stutter. Slowmo looked downright cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

This ran crap on my computer, even on low settings. Have a 9800 pro (256mb), 3.0Ghz processor and 512Mb RAM. I know the RAM is a bit low but surely this shouldn't cause too much problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Vyse wrote:
    This ran crap on my computer, even on low settings. Have a 9800 pro (256mb), 3.0Ghz processor and 512Mb RAM. I know the RAM is a bit low but surely this shouldn't cause too much problems.

Thats a bit strange, you sure nothing else was running?

I've got a 9800 128mg, 1gig of ram, 3.4 P4, I had everything up on its max level and this ran like a dream, not 1 glitch :S

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

<3 monolith

Great demo, can't wait for the game. Looved the graphics in slow-mo, mode, just throw a nade and watch the pretty sparks.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Sweet game, I love when you hit that tube or whatever it is on their heads and they explode with one shot, especially in slow-mo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I love the shotgun. The shotgun ownz all...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Has no one had problems running it? I'm getting a black screen when I start it, using 99% cpu until it dumps me back to desktop. It's a really common problem apparently :(

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Scratch Acid

I wasn't too impressed with this initially but by the end of the demo..hot damn. It's plays really well and the graphics are f'ucking beautiful. Even on my ****ty system I managed to find a nice balance between smoothness and prettiness. One thing that would be nice though is if you could sprint...the options presented (shuffling and jogging...) aren't exactly ideal when you're running from that scary f'ucker who bursts through the doorway halfway through the level... Overall though, this is looking pretty nice.

Beh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Anyone know what the equivalent in amd terms a p4 3.0ghz processor is?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

kjt wrote:
    Thats a bit strange, you sure nothing else was running?

I've got a 9800 128mg, 1gig of ram, 3.4 P4, I had everything up on its max level and this ran like a dream, not 1 glitch :S

i played it on a system with a 6600gt and 1GB or RAM and a system with a 6800gt and 512MB of ram and the 6600gt system ran it much better.

its the RAM me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

horrifying...... :eek:

Advertisement