Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blueface 076 Numbers

Options
  • 03-08-2005 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭

Blueface website showing that 076 numbers are now available for 'testing'

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

I was assigned my 076 number today :)
    I can dial it from a Vodafone mobile; but O2 don't appear to have it enabled yet.

Dialling the 076 number using my blueface SIP account also worked (I was redirected to my voicemail as expected). And it's FREE, hopefully this will be the case for inter-network 076 calls too, but that's down to all the other individual VoIP providers.

causal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 jakeyb

causal wrote:
    I was assigned my 076 number today :)
    I can dial it from a Vodafone mobile; but O2 don't appear to have it enabled yet.

Dialling the 076 number using my blueface SIP account also worked (I was redirected to my voicemail as expected). And it's FREE, hopefully this will be the case for inter-network 076 calls too, but that's down to all the other individual VoIP providers.

causal

Don't really understand much about this 076 number, are they supposed to be cheaper than the normal assigned numbers by face? Can some sheld more light on this 076 #
    Jakeyb

The idea is that 076 numbers can be dialled at local rates rather than national rates (e.g. dialling from Donegal to Dublin etc.) and that they *might* be free to phone from VoIP to VoIP.
    They're also non-geographic numbers - so they're not tied to a specifc area.

From the Blueface Support FAQ
    Irish VoIP 076 Numbers
    When will Irish VoIP 076 numbers be available?
    076 numbers are available now for beta testing however please be aware that 076 numbers are not currently (Aug 2005) fully supported by all the Irish telephone networks.

How much will it cost to ring an 076 number?
    In its most recent consultation paper, http://www.comreg.ie/_fileupload/publications/ComReg0523.pdf, ComReg directed that VoIP operators providing 076 number access set an inital price point pegged at Eircom's local rate (the directive was issued in March 2005). The intial price point may change in the future depending on interconnect agreements between 076 providers. The intial rate for calling 0766 numbers will be:
    - 4.92c per minute Peak and 1.26c per minute Off Peak.

Note that the 0766 is not a typo and future 076 number allocations outside of 0766 may be charged at a different rate. For example one proposal is that 0763 could use a sub-local rate pricing scheme.

Where can I find out more about 076 numbers?
    The link to the latest ComReg directive on 076 numbers is:
    http://www.comreg.ie/_fileupload/publications/ComReg0523.pdf
    hth,
    causal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭zap

i got my 076 works fine from voda.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

if 076 is really charged at local rate by all providers isnt it the end for 1890?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 jakeyb

sirlinux wrote:
    if 076 is really charged at local rate by all providers isnt it the end for 1890?

Tested from 02 network and it worked
    Jakeyb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Mine works from Meteor. Not from BT landline though. Havn't been home to call from it yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

Mine worked from VF when I dialled 076 but not when I dialled +35376 which was a surprise. Will have to get someone to look into that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭shurl

Hmm, got mine.
    Works from a landline, however doesn't work from my VF phone.

Strange.

no 1890 is lo-call, 076 is for VoIP only.

• Advertisement

So far I have the following results dialling 076 from various networks.
    All calls originated in South Dublin.

Call completed successfully:
    1) landline - eircom
    2) mobile prepay - Vodafone.

Call failed (number not in service error)
    1) landline - eircom, using Tele2 CPS
    2) mobile prepay - O2

causal

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

But what im saying is errorcom charge silly money for 1890, a lot of business has some sort of broadband, get voip and a 076 number and you could save in the long run.
    zap wrote:
    no 1890 is lo-call, 076 is for VoIP only.

ye but most 1890 is used in call centres with calling routing to different locations so for now VoIP would be a nightmare.

Advertisement