Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Remote access to files on a server

• 03-08-2005 10:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hi all,

Is it possible to setup users to access shared files on a sbs 2003 server from the internet? I dont really want to use VPN.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'm sure there are downloadable web server solutions out there, that allow them a web interface to their files using LDAP authentication. Painfully insecure though unless you implement an HTTPS solution, which may be just as expensive as VPN.

Any reason why you don't want to use VPN?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

An ssh server would work, probably. I don't recall whether there's an ssh file-system thingy for Windows tho; you might have to use an ftp-like app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

if you're really against vpn you could serve them from a secure ftp server

and have the clients use something like sftp to connect to it, i think most of them can use https/ssh etc

Advertisement