Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brief outage last night on smart, all is good on the western front.

• 03-08-2005 11:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭

Did anyone else lose connectivity to the Beggars Bush exchange yesterday evening from around 6?
    If you did is it back yet? I'm at work now and cant check as I dont know what IP the device had last night when I finally gave up and switched it off.
    IP was fine, DNS was found but no connectivity to any protocols at all.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭GarfieldConnoll

Blub2k4 wrote:
    Did anyone else lose connectivity to the Beggars Bush exchange yesterday evening from around 6?
    If you did is it back yet? I'm at work now and cant check as I dont know what IP the device had last night when I finally gave up and switched it off.
    IP was fine, DNS was found but no connectivity to any protocols at all.

We did have an issue on the network between 6PM and 8PM (approx) last night. All resolved after 8PM. Power cycle the router if you've difficulties.

Garfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

It didn't come back up for me at all last night.
    I just checked with my brother who is in the house visiting and he says it is still not up, I cycled the modem last night but he is going to try it again in any case.
    The original issue was not validating at the gateway but when that was resolved (about 8) there was still no internet connectivity, tried ftp, http, and a few more things, nothing working.
    Will have a result in a few minutes from the latest reboot but I am not hopeful as I did that last night already.

as I thought the cycle did not help.

ok am getting the kid brother to phone up now to toubleshoot

Ok I feel stupid now.

I got remote access to the device from work and had a look at it myself and it appears that a setting that I had changed myself the other day had not happened until the outage and the reboot which took place after that.
    So I had disabled natting in relation to something else and the change only took place when the machine was power cycled.
    I reenabled natting through the remote access and it is working now.
    Apologies, was my bad.

I shall stand in the corner now with the pointy hat on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement