Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blowing up UAV and Radar and getting flamed for it...

Options
  • 03-08-2005 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭

Was playing Gulf of Oman last night as MEC and got flamed for blowing up the Radar and UAV on the US Forces Aircraft carrier. I was on my own when doing this but got called a base raper and a cheat.
    We won both rounds due to me blowing up the radar and UAV twice.

I don't see anything wrong with doing this, the US forces had plenty of opportunites to kill me as I flew in on a heli.
    I also think whoever destroys both these items should get some extra points.
    Was wondering what you guys think of this tactic?

Do you think blowing the UAV and Radar is cheating? 1 vote

Yes
    0%
    No
    100%
    thelordofcheese 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

Nothing wrong with it. Thats the whole point of special forces. If they were so angry they should have
    a) Killed you before you blew it up
    b) repaired them
    c) blown up the MEC radar and UAV box

I think with the new patch points will be given for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ghost26ie

i wouldn't worry what those noobs said. its part of the game to blow up the radar etc.. every spec ops guy does it. a new patch is supposed to be out at the end of the month. one of the things it is supposed to change is related to giving points to spec ops for destruction of said radar, artillery etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

yeah i mean come on it tells you in the game to blow them up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Thanks for the replies...
    Yeah, these guys were idiots at the end of the day.
    It took me three goes to blow both in the first round, first attempt I got shot going up the ladder. Second attempt I completely misjudged bailing out of the chopper and landed in the sea miles away from the Carrier.

Really stupid though cos it was plainly obvious what I was trying to do.
    If it was me I would have gone up there and protected both UAV and RADAR.
    Instead it was "Hey look at the nice helicopter flying back again. Oh, look at the guy with the beard and big red name over his head parachuting onto our ship. Hang on, did he just plant explosives on our RADAR and UAV? YOU SON OF A BITCH ASSH*LE, BASE RAPER, CHEATER"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

If it was a cheat you wouldn't be able to blow it.

Base camping in BF2 isn't like base camping in other games. It's intended. It's expected. That's why you have medics who can revive you - because if you get revived you don't get the 'death', and you can get out of there rather than spawning in a random place.

Eg. In Strike at Karkand I often steal an APC/Tank and get behind the arty spawn point at the top of the hill (US spawn) and take people out as they spawn. I feel sorry for them after a while if they're idiots, but I don't stop. Reason? Because they have 2 other spawn points to spawn on, and a TOW at the other side of the road that can take me out in 1 shot, or can get a Tank/APC at their main spawn, or can spawn as AT and shoot me. Also the commander can drop an arty strike.

The only thing that bugs me is when you have only 1 spawn point and it gets camped rather than captured, but then I take it as an opportunity to get away. With enough people spawning you can always sneak out of there - even in a heavily assaulted area.

And the best comments are always when you're the very top of the server and you get called a 'n00b'. That just validates my attitude towards the human race :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

i just got kick banned from a server for having 80 points and 1 death, i had been leading a squad of 6 (volunteers) for the last few maps and we were demolishing everyone. very very enjoyable. but then i got into the enemy base planted charges on all their stuff blew it and got kick banned
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Ha! if they couldnt get you off the Carrier there is a problem.... have you seen what those guns do to anything flying? Much less a guy running across the deck.

Yeah Jaggeh most admins are immature pr1cks tbh.

I got kicked repeatedly (went back because people I play with were still on there and didn't want to leave before the end of the map - medals etc) for apparently chopper whoring. I was the pilot - I couldn't decide who got in, and I made it VERY clear to those flying not to repair, but that I would go back to base. Yet they wouldn't listen, they wouldn't get out, and when I went to a flag to cap it, I got kicked.

Retarded admins don't know what they're doing most of the time. They should try getting out into the RealWorld and learn how to think.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Wavey

Yes the word "noob" has now lost all meaning.

"Noob" is now a word that "noobs" use to describe somebody that is, in reality, less "noobish" than themselves.

I think we should all stop using it.

With regards camping, I think anything that is feasable in a real battle should be allowed in BF. For instance a lone sniper could pick off the enemy one by one in an uncapable base.
    But Im not sure if a tank driver would drive into an uncapable base/airfield on his own and blow the **** out of everything around him. Im not claiming to know SFA about real war but I would be pretty sure that dosent happen very often :eek:

One more thing for extremely noobish noobs.

LOOK OUT FOR ****ING MINES.

Rant over
    I go.

Jumpy wrote:
    Ha! if they couldnt get you off the Carrier there is a problem.... have you seen what those guns do to anything flying? Much less a guy running across the deck.

It doesn't hold up well against a blackhawk though.

One technique i've often seen used is someone flying low on the left hand side of the carrier (mostly people don't even realise there's 2 gun turrets on the ship and ignore the one on the left). They run down the back of the ship, and get up on deck and jump down the sides of the deck (little walkways).

As soon as they see a blackhawk they get up (gunner can't see them through the blackhawk) and jump in. They instantly jump to the gunner seat and take out the USS gunner. They just have to keep switching left/right to get the spawn points on the deck and take out everyone.

It might seem retarded but it's effective, and you still have the option to spawn in the lower decks.

Just remember what they say "All's fair in love and war".

The way I see it - if you can delay the enemy at their own spawn (for ones too stupid to spawn elsewhere) then you're helping your troops, and eventually you will get killed and can get back to the main fight. It's just a matter of time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Of course it's a no vote but when f*cktards get on the ship and start sniping well thats a different matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

Im glad no one has voted yes to this (atleast at time of writing) ofcourse theres nothing wrong with blowing up radars and UAVs, part of the game, live with it. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

if i hadn't already voted no i'd do it now for the badness!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

' wrote:
    [cEMAN**']Eg. In Strike at Karkand I often steal an APC/Tank and get behind the arty spawn point at the top of the hill (US spawn) and take people out as they spawn.
    Now, this is really base camping. You don't even try to take the flag, but just stay there, shooting people when they spawn.

If, however, you're helping your team to retake the point, its OK.

=-=

Oh, and what happens when the only spawn point left is the one your shooting?

=-=

As for blowing stuuf up: its there to be blown up. Simple as.

the_syco wrote:
    Now, this is really base camping. You don't even try to take the flag, but just stay there, shooting people when they spawn.

If, however, you're helping your team to retake the point, its OK.

Personally I see it as OK if i'm taking the flag or not. They don't have to spawn there. I've already said that. If they're stupid enough to spawn there repeatedly that's their own problem. In that map there are 3 spawn points you can't take. They can spawn at any of them.

And it IS helping my team take the flag. It's cutting down on the opposition long enough for them to take control again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

' wrote:
    [cEMAN**']

And it IS helping my team take the flag. It's cutting down on the opposition long enough for them to take control again.

a nicer way to put spawn killin. Anywho goos tactic, im gonna start doin it for a while :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Ok, dunno bout this one. Sniper on carrier, ok maybe not the most popular person if do this, but then if you have got the sniper unlock. What are the chances of actually killin some1 in flight with it, maybe even difficult on the carrier. Ya take out a few infantry around the place like when hangin about.

Dunno what the use of this unlock is otherwise. Well, suppose could wait around flags but wouldnt get that many kills waitin on a chopper hoverin about & as they are still in flight easily can turn as opposed to if just takin off on carrier. Does the hit actually register if on carrier though , tried it a while back & musta hit multiple times but guy didnt die.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Meadows

i like the idea of blowing up the enemys gear. The only time I have a problem with it is when the enemy blows up my gear. But thats the game. I dont know if anybody else has noticed but baserape dosnt really apply to battlefield 2, it has a very different culture to battlefield 1942. The main one being that the bases are big and have lots of cover. so spawn/die/spawn/die/spawn/die dosnt happen as much and if it does then your a tard who keeps running out in front of enemy fire like a lemming. and you deserve to die. (in real life).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

No
    i voted yes, but that was simply just out of badness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

oooohhh scandal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I got threatened with a banning from some english clan server last night for this. I flew a chopper out to the USMC carrier and was busy blowing up their AA guns and radar etc, and picking off people that spawned near me while i was at it. I'm hardly going to let them kill me just because i'm in their precious uncappable spawn area am I?

gimps.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

The thing is while normally i'd say no its not a cheat some servers have it on their motd that main base camping/ killins is off limits. Usually they allow spec ops to go inand blow stuff up (uav,radar,artillery) as long as they had out straight afterwards. Sometimes bases are off limits all together.

While i agree he above rules are stupid but then again i didnt pay for that server so if they choose to do this then its their right. If however i was playing to the rules and someone did what was explicitly asked not to do then i would also consider it cheating as your opponent is getting an unfair advantage.

Advertisement