Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 2006

Options
  • 03-08-2005 1:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭

so, what kind of improvements would you like to see?
    I personally would like the following:
    A system that allows loans.
    More teams such as Shelbourne.
    The rights to the Dutch national team.
    more competitions: World Cup.
    More Stadiums: all the teams that qualified for the CL.
    more realistic gameplay, I don't like the way the goals look like.
    get rid of ally mcCoist.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

As long as it has more rapping and maybe some sort of crib/ride-pimpage I will be a happy camper.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

The following words on the box:

"Pro Evolution Soccer". Then I might buy it.

It'll be the same as the previous 30+ fifa's that have come out in the last 2 years

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

sprinkles wrote:
    The following words on the box:

"Pro Evolution Soccer". Then I might buy it.

It'll be the same as the previous 30+ fifa's that have come out in the last 2 years

I disagree. FIFA has come on in leaps and bound in the last two years, I went from someone who wouldn't touch it with a bargepole to a confirmed fan. It still lags behind Pro Evo but it's catching up and there's room for both games in my collection. The one thing it does have over Pro Evo is its Xbox Live mode - infinately better than PES'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭EFC-4eva

hey a*se bandits (not you super furry), did i start a thread about PES? keep it relevent. yeah, so, improvements..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

EFC-4eva wrote:
    hey a*se bandits (not you super furry), did i start a thread about PES? keep it relevent. yeah, so, improvements..

If it was just like PES without the crappy EA sports presentation then I might consider looking in it's direction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

EFC-4eva wrote:
    I assum ethe ar*e bandit remark was directed towards me then. Well I'll just reiterate my previous, on topic point that was : if it was more like PES then I'd buy it......

and "ar*se bandit", really.....you can do better than that EFC-4eva... or can you

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

I disagree. FIFA has come on in leaps and bound in the last two years, I went from someone who wouldn't touch it with a bargepole to a confirmed fan. It still lags behind Pro Evo but it's catching up and there's room for both games in my collection. The one thing it does have over Pro Evo is its Xbox Live mode - infinately better than PES'.

100% agreed

i was once a fifa fan until 2000 swtiched to pes then 2005 came and im a die hard fan again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

yeah i've liked all the fifas but tbh i don't think football translates as well as the other sports to consoles...

anyway i'd like to see a transfer fee system kinda like a managerial system but not as advanced and a transfer window...
    maybe intereactive celebrations would be a bit of fun..
    legends tour like tiger woods 2005...play the best teams from different eras like...

scenarios such as hit the bar or 2 passes and score to unlock different equpment such as boots and older style kits etc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

If the latest fifa didn't have some new 'special move' like last year's 'first touch' and instead had more control over long balls etc. so you can place peach high balls over the defence. Like every time they put some new thing in like 'first touch' it seems to be the only way to beat the defenders effectively.

Basically, more emphasis on manual medium-to-long range passing would be great, cause then it's skill and timing to beat the defenders.

Also now that I think of it, if they made it so you could score from more positions than that one outside the box where you get the a certain point outside the box and press shoot and it goes in. Gayness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

tbh, they need to make it more random. The game is too dull. There are about 4 ways to score and thats it. The goals are almost always the same. Unlike in Pes where random situations occur. Also, The ball seems to follow a set path ,again, unlike PES where it actually moves like it is detatched from the players and pitch. They spent too much time on that free-styling crap and motion capture, and not enough on the engine.

Also, they HAVE TO MAKE THE DAMN NETS MORE REALISTIC! It kills me too watch a goal in fifa. The nets hardly move at all. They are like a wall. I like seeing the ball whip into the bottom corner and pull the net along!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

TimAy wrote:
    free-styling crap

Forgot about that. Wiggle the right analog stick a bit for a surefire super move that will always beat the defence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

Get rid of Moston and McCoist... you hear the same comment and remark at least twice in one match. Also while on the topic of commentary, make it accurate. I was top of the league in fifa05 unbeaten in 13 games. Ally's opening comment: two teams that seem to be a little how shall we say inconsisten!!!!

Also after a bullit of a header that just went over: Oh it seemed to bobble just before he hit it!!!

Aside from that, game play is getting better, but random situations need to occour. You find one way to score and thats it, game on. 2005 = send in a cross and get a head on the end. Shoe in for a goal...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

The game cannot be played competetively, ill give it a whirl though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭spinalsly

supposedly in fifa 2006, you will be able to have 2 v 2 on xbox live. like 2 players controlling one team and 2 the other. should make the live experience more fun! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

iregk wrote:
    Get rid of Moston and McCoist... you hear the same comment and remark at least twice in one match. Also while on the topic of commentary, make it accurate. I was top of the league in fifa05 unbeaten in 13 games. Ally's opening comment: two teams that seem to be a little how shall we say inconsisten!!!!

lets be fair, the commentary is lightyears ahead of pes. I always crack up listening to pes. Almost everymatch, they start with "today we have two teams fighting relagation" regardless of where we stand in the league and sometimes even in cup matches.

TimAy wrote:
    lets be fair, the commentary is lightyears ahead of pes. I always crack up listening to pes. Almost everymatch, they start with "today we have two teams fighting relagation" regardless of where we stand in the league and sometimes even in cup matches.

lol ya and just say both players are the same team the commentaters will say ''eh these 2 teams have been rivals for a long time'' or sum crap like that, lol its funny stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

a class today!

im just about finished the league and came up against perugia whom i beat 4-0 in the first fixture earlier on in the season.

Motty: the last time these two teams met was a draw
    Q Ally Mc: yeah i remember it well john i think you and i were working on it (who else woudl have been).... with the equaliser coming in the dying seconds....

really where do they get that crap from, its completely random...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

sprinkles wrote:
    sprinkles wrote:
    if it was more like PES then I'd buy it......

No-one else notice that...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

EFC-4eva wrote:
    hey a*se bandits

BAN REQUEST: needless personal insults*

My post was relevant, if lighthearted.

Retr0gamer wrote:
    If it was just like PES without the crappy EA sports presentation then I might consider looking in it's direction.

That's the only part of FIFA I like, it's so slick it makes me feel weak in the knees;)
    spinalsly wrote:
    supposedly in fifa 2006, you will be able to have 2 v 2 on xbox live. like 2 players controlling one team and 2 the other. should make the live experience more fun! :)

Isn't this in WE9; I'm sure someone will know.

*I'm just making a point here, no reason to really ban him:)

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭anthonymcg

I've played it. Didn't investigate the game too much although the gameplay was better than I expected. An improvement over 05 IMO. Feels more like Pro Evo although we were only playing the alpha.

• Advertisement

where did you get to play the alpha and how?

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭anthonymcg

spinalsly wrote:
    where did you get to play the alpha and how?

A thing EA arranged in the Clarence Hotel. Know some guys from a gaming LAN I go to and they had tickets for about 30 people.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

There's a couple of clips here
    The commentary seems much better, no more Motson/Mcoist!
    Apart from that, it looks much the same as 05.

There's a pretty in-depth review here

Advertisement