Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So kev's gone..

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

I'll give my backing to this campaign! :)
    second that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Kev is a creap, pure and simple. he was on his second warning, thats it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

LiouVille wrote:
    Kev is a creap, pure and simple. he was on his second warning, thats it.

Yep. Agreed.

I've met Kev in real-life as well, and yeah he is sound, a top bloke, no question...

But boards isn't the outside world - you're judged on your posts, pure and simple, and kev crossed the line too many times. I'm sorry, but I'm with the mods on this one.

Sorry Kev, but you brought this on yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

celingfan wrote:
    .... muppet stuff ...

Muppet....banned till i dunno whenever....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

TBH people not enough people speak their minds on this site due to ''rules and regulations.... blah blah blah'' and kev seems like an intelligent bloke and if he wants to say soemthing let him speak his mind. I hate all of this shock f**king horror if someone is controversial.

BTW so many of you are hyprocritical in the way you are coming on here speaking bollix about Kev. Losers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

It wasnt so much being controversial, he'd pissed off ecksor before, and pissed off ecksor elsewhere, and just crossed the line with him again.

Badda ban badda boom. etc.

nothing that can be said will change Ecksors mind here in fairness now, so whats the point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭foxybrowne

Well, sometimes people just break the rules and, as a result, have to be dealt with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

Its not entirely fair though. Kev has his moments and an at times caustic sense of humour, but is good fun and was certainly an addition to boards.

TBH people not enough people speak their minds on this site due to ''rules and regulations.... blah blah blah'' and kev seems like an intelligent bloke and if he wants to say soemthing let him speak his mind. I hate all of this shock f**king horror if someone is controversial.

For an intelligent bloke, he seemed unable to comprehend concepts of privacy, or that when you're in a whole stop digging. He wasn't controversial, he was annoying. He could not understand why some people had a problem with him, and liked to imply thing.
    BTW so many of you are hyprocritical in the way you are coming on here speaking bollix about Kev. Losers.

How is it hypocritical, I've told Kev what I think of him several times.

Btw, whatever about being fair, he was banned by someone that neither liked nor disliked Kev as a person, but rather judged him on his posts. Maybe that isn't fair, and maybe how someone acts in "real life" should be taken into consideration, I think not, but what we have is the best system you can hope for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

im undecided. Kev sent me some pretty creepy private messages (asking me to talk to him on msn and giving me his mobile number, lots and lots of them),and also one calling me a sap because i told him that i didnt fancy him and to stop following me around boards.

on the other hand kev has his moments where he is nice /and funny. I have also met him in person and Kev seems sound enough apart a fascination for spiders and girl's backsides( just like every other guy!).

i think the key for kev to remember if he does come back is to perphaps censor his posts alittle more and then he would become more acceptable for the general boards population and the admins. this post might have been another reason he got banned http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=3128530&postcount=285

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

I respect the mods and admins and stuff, 'cos they're the folks that make the free wonder (one of these days i'll get the time and money together to set up a sub) that is boards work - but i do miss his rantings and postings. Yeah, he stirred stuff up, but he kept it interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

I'm just after going out on the town with the man in question and enjoying the beer, ceol agus craic of the night - and it was mighty! To be fair, anyone who thinks negatively of him has not had the positive opportunity of meeting Kev in person.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kevin_ie_rc

snorlax wrote:
    im undecided. Kev sent me some pretty creepy private messages (asking me to talk to him on msn and giving me his mobile number, lots and lots of them),and also one calling me a sap because i told him that i didnt fancy him and to stop following me around boards.

on the other hand kev has his moments where he is nice /and funny. I have also met him in person and Kev seems sound enough apart a fascination for spiders and girl's backsides( just like every other guy!).

i think the key for kev to remember if he does come back is to perphaps censor his posts alittle more and then he would become more acceptable for the general boards population and the admins. this post might have been another reason he got banned http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=3128530&postcount=285

just for the sake of clarity. i had no intentions of reregistering like this but i was expecting sarah to make a reply similar to the above. i'd like the admin to give me a tiny bit of slack to reply to this message.

i've ignored crash calling me a creep, and don't worry, i'll meet him in person soon enough and see what if he repeats him self then. i'm used to boston slagging me off, sometimes it bothers me, sometimes it doesn't. i'm aware that he's a nice guy in person and it's 50/50 whether you find him a c*nt in person or not. some ppl say the same about me but i'd never place myself and himslef in the same box.

but to reply to the above.

sarah, is calling a few PMs creepy because i met her in person, let's say on a thursday, saw that she was using boards on a friday night then pmed her with my msn so we could chat. i can't remember if she did or did not. the next day the same thing happened, we were both using boards at 11.00 or so and i PMed to remind her to log in. some people, such as john2 for example, just simply forget/don't bother to log in and i felt like reminding sarah. this happened, at the most, 4 times. i can't remember what circumstances i PMed her my number, but i assume it had something to do with meeting up for the "boards beer". just to remind everyone, even if i did PM her my mobile no. it was only thru her wbing that i got hers. for the record, i've texted her about 3 times. just saying the following "hi sarah, i'm on msn if u feel like chatting".

the fact that she's called me a creep i find very, very hurtful. i had my reservations about meeting snorlax. i felt she was either stupid or very naive and i didn't want to spoil her innocent view on life. but anyway i did meet her for a drink or two in the pav, and it was obvious we were a bit chalk and cheese but i certainly didn't hold it against her. but she's obviously done the opposite.

about this rubbish about stop following her and fancying her. sorry chicken, you're nice enough but i don't find you in the least bit attractive. i'm not calling you ugly i'm just saying ur not my type. this thing about me following her, she posted in a thread about virginity, i had previosly posted in, and she made some contraversial remarks. remarks i found to be completetly inaccuate so i replied and retorted her comments. she continued to post stupid things so i continued to reply and dispute them.

soon later, she quoted one of my PMs in her post reply in a really OT manner. i found this a massive breach of confidentiality and trust. i wrongly though myself and snorlax were "mates" so i said something frankly. but she just turned around and embarrassed me in front of everyone that read that thread. i never pmed, directly replied or texted sarah since then. my opinion on her is that she's rather simple and needs some life experience. if she wants to call me a creep cos i was being friendly so be it. i'm aware some girls find it difficult to distingusih between friendly and amourous behaviour and some girls rightly consider a guys "friendly" behaviour to be obnoxious. but i honestly beleive snorlax has absoluetly 0 reason for saying i creeped her out. i think she needs to cop on. don't worry snorlax, you won't hear from me again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

Is that the reason you were banned the first time? I was wondering. I would suspect you were the victim in that case of a childish drama queen. However, you do say mean things sometimes so I'm not sympathetic.
    "Atypical" means "not typical" btw. Hope you are not doing an arts degree :)

pwd wrote:
    Is that the reason you were banned the first time? I was wondering. I would suspect you were the victim in that case of a childish drama queen. However, you do say mean things sometimes so I'm not sympathetic.
    "Atypical" means "not typical" btw. Hope you are not doing an arts degree :)

Well There was at least two others that complained about harassment by Kev over Pm,
    've ignored crash calling me a creep, and don't worry, i'll meet him in person soon enough and see what if he repeats him self then. i'm used to boston slagging me off, sometimes it bothers me, sometimes it doesn't. i'm aware that he's a nice guy in person and it's 50/50 whether you find him a c*nt in person or not. some ppl say the same about me but i'd never place myself and himslef in the same box.

Two, things. What you just said about crash can be taken as a threat, and since you treatened to kill someone allready and thats all I have to go on as far as you being violent, thats the way I'll take it. Crash has friends, who know what you look like, you start ****e in real life, it will come back to bite you. Now take that what ever way you want.

And I don't believe you've met to many people that have met me.

but to reply to the above.

sarah, is calling a few PMs creepy because i met her in person, let's say on a thursday, saw that she was using boards on a friday night then pmed her with my msn so we could chat. i can't remember if she did or did not. the next day the same thing happened, we were both using boards at 11.00 or so and i PMed to remind her to log in. some people, such as john2 for example, just simply forget/don't bother to log in and i felt like reminding sarah. this happened, at the most, 4 times.

yes and concidently it always happened directly after certain posts i put up regarding meeting new fellas (more particulary scottish fellas.) it was apparent to most users on boards including my sister (and those who have a bit of cop-on) that you did fancy me whatever you might like to say otherwise, and you wer'e indeed making comments about an ex boyfriend of mine being strange.
    on and i did actually talk to you on msn and you asked me if i "prefered sex or chocolate", if i was "single", if the friend i was meeting in Scoltand was "male or female" and some other rather personal questions about who exaclty id be meeting in Scotland which are rather unusual questions for a friend to be asking me (btw this is the point where you creeped me out alittle,). PS i hope you dont ask your male friends whom you barely know "are you single or not", "what kinda sex do you like", "who are you meeting, male or female?"
    i can't remember what circumstances i PMed her my number, but i assume it had something to do with meeting up for the "boards beer". just to remind everyone, even if i did PM her my mobile no. it was only thru her wbing that i got hers. for the record, i've texted her about 3 times. just saying the following "hi sarah, i'm on msn if u feel like chatting".

also inlcuded in two of your pms were "you better be there", strangely no other board members wer'e so determined that i come to the boards beers.

oh yes and how about the time before when you rang me from Bobo's phone just to make sure i was coming when you didnt have my number and just sat there staring at me when i finnally got here?
    the fact that she's called me a creep i find very, very hurtful. i had my reservations about meeting snorlax. i felt she was either stupid or very naive and i didn't want to spoil her innocent view on life. but anyway i did meet her for a drink or two in the pav, and it was obvious we were a bit chalk and cheese but i certainly didn't hold it against her. but she's obviously done the opposite.

i said some of your pms wer'e annoying and i found them creepy (and getting text messages 2 nights in a row at 12pm telling me to talk to you on MSN and refering to me as "Snuffleflax", yes i do find that a bit creepy cos none my mates would indear me with such petnames.

yes i know i am possibly quite an innocent person, but lets get straight to the point that i recieved numerous correspondances from you (you even phoned indy at one stage because you were going to be late to get him to come down and meet me in the pav) so i wouldnt leave, so lets say i doubt you had any reservations. i did mention posting above that i thought you were sound enough perphaps i was wrong, i certainley wouldnt have met with you and hung around for 40mins if i had thought you had no wanted to see me. and i do remember only having one drink with you for 20mins before disappearing.
    about this rubbish about stop following her and fancying her. sorry chicken, you're nice enough but i don't find you in the least bit attractive. i'm not calling you ugly i'm just saying ur not my type. this thing about me following her, she posted in a thread about virginity, i had previosly posted in, and she made some contraversial remarks. remarks i found to be completetly inaccuate so i replied and retorted her comments. she continued to post stupid things so i continued to reply and dispute them.

you at one stage called my photo beautiful! i don;t fancy you either so then there isnt a problem.

about following me, one particular night you went to all the forums i went to and posted directly after me, the thread in AH you mentioned above, and even a thread on pets, and finnaly the tcd forum. finnaly i got a pm to talk to me on msn, along with a text message at some unholy hour that night.
    Controversial remarks about my ex boyfriend that you wanted to retort in the losing you virginity thread, indeed! of course it would be controversial for you, ex boyfriends and the like..
    soon later, she quoted one of my PMs in her post reply in a really OT manner. i found this a massive breach of confidentiality and trust. i wrongly though myself and snorlax were "mates" so i said something frankly. but she just turned around and embarrassed me in front of everyone that read that thread. i never pmed, directly replied or texted sarah since then. my opinion on her is that she's rather simple and needs some life experience. if she wants to call me a creep cos i was being friendly so be it. i'm aware some girls find it difficult to distingusih between friendly and amourous behaviour and some girls rightly consider a guys "friendly" behaviour to be obnoxious. but i honestly beleive snorlax has absoluetly 0 reason for saying i creeped her out. i think she needs to cop on. don't worry snorlax, you won't hear from me again.
    [/QUOTE]

actually you did (a few days after)! and yes, for you calling me a sap and me stating that publicly certainely wasnt a breach of confidentiality as it was most definetly a personal insult, and thankfully you didnt do it again so it worked (and it helped end the large supply of texts/ pms that were getting quite tiresome, although they were funny at first when you were asking me what i thought about Liouville ).

it's also ronic but you actually posted on a thread in this forum (by own admittion) that you have previouly stalked people on boards!

or how about the post you put down in the paganism forum "is there any cute paganism girls i can score down here ?"

Bear in mind Kev i did say i was undecided about bringing you back,but i don't really like being called stupid/ a sap.
    however saying all i have said its not my decision to bring you back or not.

i actually dont really mind whether your brought back or not so long as you don;t start pming me again, in fact your are quite a funny poster when you want to be. this thread is fairly pointless

This thread is getting way too personal at the moment.

If anyone has got personal gripes with each other it really should be discussed through privacy.

I think this thread has run it's course.

snorlax wrote:
    on and i did actually talk to you on msn and you asked me if i "prefered sex or chocolate", if i was "single", if the friend i was meeting in Scoltand was "male or female" and some other rather personal questions about who exaclty id be meeting in Scotland which are rather unusual questions for a friend to be asking me (btw this is the point where you creeped me out alittle,). PS i hope you dont ask your male friends whom you barely know "are you single or not", "what kinda sex do you like", "who are you meeting, male or female?"

That was his line of questioning with me also. Maybe Kev wanted to score me in much the same way he wanted to score you, I don't know.

This thread is getting way too personal at the moment.

If anyone has got personal gripes with each other it really should be discussed through privacy.

I think this thread has run it's course.

You say that, but you obviously don't have a problem with Kev bringing up such personal and private things. Even now in prison, he still posting x is fuking y. The guy just doesn't learn.

i think this thread has run it's course too. i was just being honest with my posts although i didnt really want to post here at all.

• Advertisement

LiouVille wrote:
    You say that, but you obviously don't have a problem with Kev bringing up such personal and private things. Even now in prison, he still posting x is fuking y. The guy just doesn't learn.

Hey wait a second here. Kev has recieved harsh criticism from some people so that's why I've stuck up for him. I'm not saying he is a angel or whatnot but some of this hysterical crap I've had to read about him is completely pathetic and hyproctritical. No wonder he is giving out x and calling them y in prison. Some people are using Kev's faults simply as an excuse to do the exact same with getting away with it. No wonder things have developed into a complete flame war.

When things go a quite deeply personal as in the past hour or so it has to be stopped.

Hey wait a second here. Kev has recieved harsh criticism from some people so that's why I've stuck up for him. I'm not saying he is a angel or whatnot but some of this hysterical crap I've had to read about him is completely pathetic and hyproctritical. No wonder he is giving out x and calling them y in prison. Some people are using Kev's faults simply as an excuse to do the exact same with getting away with it. No wonder things have developed into a complete flame war.

When things go a quite deeply personal as in the past hour or so it has to be stopped.

Convince your mate of that, and maybe he'll be let back someday. Putting aside all the crap he comes out with, he seems to like blaming me for all his problems on boards.ie. Ian gives out to him cause he's a soft spot for me? Ecksor bans him cause he's a soft spot for me? Wtf like.

LiouVille wrote:
    Convince your mate of that, and maybe he'll be let back someday. Putting aside all the crap he comes out with, he seems to like blaming me for all his problems on boards.ie. Ian gives out to him cause he's a soft spot for me? Ecksor bans him cause he's a soft spot for me? Wtf like.

I don't know the bloke in person. I'm taking a non-biased view on this ''debate.''

I think you need to take some chill pills TBH.

Non-bias cause calling people loser cause kev has choosen to hassle them is neutral. Get off your high horse. I stoped using htis forum cause Kev wouldn't stop hassling me, and I got tired of reading posts about my private life from a guy I've never even met. He's close minded, biggoted, and has a problem with authority. Not someone needed aroudn here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Zane - go study for your repeats (unless they're finished, if so hope they went well).

This thread has got a little nasty in some regards - it's like one of those b!tching sessions a group of friends have about another friend when they're not there, and i don't think it's nice.

Boards is like life, we're not all going to like all of the people all of the time, but we weigh everything up and give ppl a weighted average - and post calculations i like Kev. Yeah, he ruffled a few feathers, but in my experience when called on it he'd cease and desist. And others have done their calculations and have decided they don't like him - so be it.

And for the record - i never had any probs with any of the pms i got from the guy.

I don't know if this thread should be closed now - seems like a sour note for it to end on, so maybe the tone of is could shift?

cuckoo wrote:
    Zane - go study for your repeats (unless they're finished, if so hope they went well).

This thread has got a little nasty in some regards - it's like one of those b!tching sessions a group of friends have about another friend when they're not there, and i don't think it's nice.

Boards is like life, we're not all going to like all of the people all of the time, but we weigh everything up and give ppl a weighted average - and post calculations i like Kev. Yeah, he ruffled a few feathers, but in my experience when called on it he'd cease and desist. And others have done their calculations and have decided they don't like him - so be it.

That type of stuff aint nice, but theres a difference, in that Kev is reading every single post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

crash.jpg

i don't have a problem with kev, most of the time he's grand, and no i don't really mind if he comes back, but i think he's abit too forward in some of his posts and that he should not talk about people's private lives as much as he has done, this thread has run it's course.

Cuckoo im not the only girl who's recieved funny private messages from Kev, i think Amz did aswell, and god knows who else..its not nice to when you get asked very personal questions about your love life and get pawned off as being "stupid/ innocent / naiive"..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement