Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ceiling speakers

Options
  • 03-08-2005 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭

I was on some time ago about getting a projector and the decent cinema speakers.
    I think it was blorg who told me to get ceiling recessed speakers for the front centre and rear speakers along with a standing sub. I had missed the chance to cable this as it was in a flat roof extension, however I advised my brother to cable his house for ceiling speakers, he took the advice , now i need to know a place in dublin to get decent cilinf recessed speakers, most of the stuff we install in work is PA quality , I guess cinema speakers will be different, they would need to be white too.
    Also he is looking for a screen, I talked him out of a projector, cos he wants it for TV and he has no plans to get RGB Sky. So its plazma or LCD, is 52" more or less the biggest standard Plasma? can i get an LCD near to that size? what would you guys recommend an LCD or Plasma and where should i get it.
    At the moment I'm looking for the speakers and considering a 52" plasma I'm ready to buy it but I will change my mind if i'm convinced otherwise.
    thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Have a look here http://www.hificables.co.uk/ProductsList/mcs/CategoryID/2445/GroupID/715/CatName/In-ceiling%20speakers/v/

Not cheap!

When buying 5.1 speakers, most recomend getting matched speakers across the front (center/left/right), so it may be better to buy a pair of ceiling rears and a matched front set.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

pH wrote:
    Have a look here http://www.hificables.co.uk/ProductsList/mcs/CategoryID/2445/GroupID/715/CatName/In-ceiling%20speakers/v/

Not cheap!

When buying 5.1 speakers, most recomend getting matched speakers across the front (center/left/right), so it may be better to buy a pair of ceiling rears and a matched front set.

Really ! you dont say, LOL thanks for the tip, i dont think he'll fork out that much, i was thinking maybe 400 to 500 for the speakers, is that possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Well if someones considering a 50+ inch plasma then these speakers shouldn't present a cost problem!! :)
    At the moment I'm looking for the speakers and considering a 52" plasma I'm ready to buy it but I will change my mind if i'm convinced otherwise.

I'm not sure what you mean by 400-500 but if this is for 5.1 speakers then have a look at something like this http://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=938&Mode=0&CategoryID=5&SUB=100&ProductID=165

If it's got to include an amp as well then you're into curries/argos territory and good luck to ya!!

no he has a dedicated amp, was just looking for ceiling speakers, he has a budget , he has alot on doing up the whole house and an extension etc, I'll look around on the net later on, thanks for the input

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Try AV Import just off the Naas Road in Ballyfermot

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Advertisement

I have not had much luck, and am willing to raise the budget, anyone any urls for irish places.
    Thanks for your input Tony , i'll look into it over the weekend

Found some nice KEF white recessed speakers, will do for the rears match the white recessed lights, got em in PEATS wholesale, going for Bose centre sub and front speakers as the front speakers are cabled 1200mm from the ground and not recessed as i was originally told.
    Also the sparks has wired for a projector so I guess the Panasonic recommended to me here before is still the best bet , available in PEAT electronics???

Advertisement