Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

firefox problem...

• 03-08-2005 3:15pm

Ok I was away for a while and I went to open it and it said no I couldnt because my default setting was already in use.
    So I renamed it and then tried(futile I know)

Then I opened a guest profile and since then thats all that will open, so now I've no bookmarks or saved passwords.

Anyone know enough about firefox to point me to the solution and why it crashed like this? and why it wouldnt let me into the default setting I normally use and why this has now dissappeared?

Hopefully this is summat simple.
    Cheers if ye can help.

windows xp home

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

alt - ctrl - del and kill firefox. You should be able to load it up properly then, thats what I do whenever it crashes and I can't get into my usual profile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Thats happened to me, on more than one occasion.

Firefox closes, but the processes are still running so you cant access your profile. All you have to do is end the process tree and you are fine. I do not however know how to change profiles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭oneweb

Try rebooting the computer (which will end the process without ya having to know how)

If it still doesn't work, try going into your profile folder and delete a file called parent.lock

It is what it's.

Thanks.
    It's still opening up the guest profile though.
    Do ye know where to locate the other profiles?

Ah located the profiles and guess what even my bookmarks are missing :(

Would an uninstall and reinstall have deleted them? I suspect this was done in my absence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Shouldn't have. As far as I'm aware, an uninstall should still leave your %userprofile%\Application Data\Mozilla folder with its profile data.

Advertisement