Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business BroadBand

• 03-08-2005 3:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭

Hi, I was just wondering what business broadband others use.
    Copy & Paste the format

ISP: LEAP BROADBAND
    Download Speed: 2Mbps
    Upload Speed: 2Mbps
    Contention: 4:1 (I Think)
    Monthly Bill: €250 (ExVAT)
    Performance: Very Good 75% of Time
    Number of Staff using internet: 20
    Downtime: 3 days over 20 months
    Comments: Mostly happy with service & price.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

I'm interested too. I got prices from Leap and they charge €299pm for 2Mbps 8:1. According to my price info 4:1 costs €450pm.

My setup:

ISP: Irish Broadband
    Download Speed: 3Mbps
    Upload Speed: 3Mbps
    Contention: 24:1
    Monthly Bill: €70 (ExVAT)
    Performance: Between 300kbps and 2Mbps, usually around 1Mbps.
    Number of Staff using internet: 3
    Downtime: Very little actual downtime, but have had many days where the performance has been below 100kbps which equates to downtime.
    Comments: Totally unpredictable performance, useless support.

ISP: Eircom
    Download Speed: 2Mbps
    Upload Speed: 128kbps
    Contention: 24:1
    Monthly Bill: €45 (I think)
    Performance: With overheads I get about 1.6Mbps. All the time.
    Number of Staff using internet: 3
    Downtime: None
    Comments: Extremely good apart from the upload. I only use this as backup.

Considering I get about 1Mbps with IBB's Breeze Lite 3Mbps, I'm tempted to try another package before I give up on them. It's just that I can't trust them to deliver consistent performance. I had the 1Mbps 8:1 before this and it was all over the shop too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Blaster99 wrote:
    I'm interested too. I got prices from Leap and they charge €299pm for 2Mbps 8:1. According to my price info 4:1 costs €450pm.

We had 'issues' during start-up, and at the end of the first year of contract. The price we have was their bargaining chip. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭ButtermilkJack

Whats difference with the business packages? Why are the prices so high compared to residential?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭WillieFlynn

Whats difference with the business packages? Why are the prices so high compared to residential?
    Business packages tend to have a lower contention ratio, better support and some of them are symetric. So they have a much faster upload than the standard Irish offering of 128k (if you are sending a large number of big emails/files this is important).

Advertisement