Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NFL on Sky Sports

• 03-08-2005 4:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I want to get Sky Sports next month to watch NFL, but since it hasn't started yet, their website is fairly useless as to whether this is viable. I don't really want to stay up 'til 4am on a Monday/Tuesday morning to watch it, but I can't tape it either. Do Sky Sports show games at a reasonable time, is there a weekly review show (like Channel 4 used to do), or am I sol?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

They do a weekly review on fridays, which is repeated. Sundays they show 2 live games. First one starts about 6:00 pm finsihes 9:00/9:30pm and the second starts 9:00pm and finishes around 12:00am/12:30am.

Shouldn't really have a problem with staying up late because only Monday night football which is on Channel 5(if you can get it) and the Super Bowl start past 12am.

Also check out: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=282234

There's only 3 teams so far, it would be great if you could sign up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Thanks for the info, DD. It's been a while since I've watched NFL with any sort of regularity (back when the Rams were still in LA, in fact) so I wouldn't have a clue on the fantasy side of things. Maybe next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

and the Super Bowl start past 12am.

Superbowl starts at 23:18 GMT. But the match lasts much longer than a regular season game, so it finishes about 3am +

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Just looking around, and I see there's a channel called NASN on Sky digital (extra subscription required, but it's way cheaper than Sky Sports). Anybody seen this channel? It looks good for NFL coverage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

As far as I know they don't show any live games, at least they didn't last season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

I wouldn't bother with NASN unless you are a big baseball fan aswell. NASN has hardly any NFL action, it does not show any of the games, though it does have build up shows and some review shows during the week discussing the past weeks games but if its just football you want go with Sky, 2 games every sunday, can't go wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Flamingfud

Absolutely...that's how I even started getting interested in the NFL. As a matter of fact, I remember that the two Sunday night games were repeated from 12.30 pm on Monday afternoons.... not really very handy unless you're unemployed, or a student with a lucky schedule. The review show was shown multiple times...including Saturday mornings if I remember correctly.

Which reminds me, is Cadle coming back to present?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

7-10 om mondays they had highlights of the 2 sunday games aswell. It was well handy.`

Advertisement