Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dodgy comics

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Scary? Well, yes, although Batman fans have been dealing with the implications of Robin since about day 1. Mind you, it is funny to see it put so blatantly (although clearly unintentionally) in the forefront. :)

I think my favourite one of these is the way that Marvel, by virtue of having american editors, doesn't have a problem with using the word "****!" as a sound effect in comics like Captain America. Gives you a totally different interpretation of whatever action's going on (oo-er missus!), I can tell you...

Edit:

Just found this in an LJ community I frequent...seems to fit the theme rather well. Although I'll keep looking for an example of one of those "****!" moments...

Edit #2:

Aaaagh!

Just went looking at warrenellis.com searching for funny comic stuff, since he often posts it up. And, apart from a load of pictures from the San Diego Comic Con, the first thing I find is this (Not for the faint hearted, and technically NSFW - ok, fine, it's a scaled-down image of a watercolour painting of Batman as, I think it's safe to say, you've *never* seen him before....)

Must...bleach...eyeballs....

Edit #3

(Yes, I am not only bored but masochistic enough to keep looking through the Warren Ellis archives after seeing Edit #2. Sue me.)

I found this and this and this and this and this. No "****" sound effects, but at short notice this'll do, I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭CrazyTalk

Legend!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Amusingly, DC are apparently suing the Kathleen Chambers Fine Arts Gallery in Manhattan, for exhiiting the works of Mark Chamberlain (the guy who did those, er, "au naturelle" paintings of Batman & Robin that I linked to earlier). (News nicked off of Drastic Comics.

Sadly, I have found no further dodgy comics moments to add to this thread.

*hangs head in shame*

Advertisement