Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless Monitoring?

• 03-08-2005 6:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭

hey i have a netopia router and i was wondering if it was possible to find out who is connected to me and for how long and so on and so on

iv looked EVERYWHERE on the router to see where it says whose connected but to no avail

am i blind or should i d/l a tool ? if so what

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Well, you could use some command line tools on the command prompt.
    But if youre not sure about these, theres always an easy way:
    Download a tool(s) to help you.
    Kismet for windows (I assume you use windows :P) Just select the AP and press ctrl+c
    you will see a list of the clients connected.

Or any of the hundreds of port scanners will work either.
    Simply boot it up, make sure the IP range is set to the range your local network occupies: (ie-192.168.0.0 - 192.168.254.254) and scan. You will see all the computers connected to the network through this.

But why is this necesscary? Do you not use encryption? :0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

nah i dont cuz my moms runs a yoga center out in the middle of knowhere and our nearest neighbour is a 5 min drive away and people come with laptops to check there emails and so on so theres no point encrypting it

when this place starts to get built up ill encrypt it

ill try out your kismet

thanks

hmm or not ..im getting a uncompiled version of kismet is there a kismet in EXE form?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

hmm or not ..im getting a uncompiled version of kismet is there a kismet in EXE form?

look here

Have a look at netstumbler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

No, dont have a look at netstumbler.
    Its a mere toy compared with kismet.
    And, it doesnt do the job that he originally wanted it to do.
    (give a reading of all clients connected to the network)

• Advertisement

Mac daddy wrote:
    look here

Have a look at netstumbler

woop thanks

and thanks to everyone ill try out that link now

Advertisement