Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

lidl next monday

• 03-08-2005 6:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭

Can you guy,s tell me what u think of this laptop i am thinking about buying it :rolleyes:

www.lidl.ie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

* Super flat, super fast, super design
    * TV, DVD and Radio on the move
    * Surf the internet easily
    * Watch time-shift dealyed TV on your television
    * Transfer data directly to your notebook from memory card
    * Watch DVD's straight on your notebook
    * Enjoy games on your notebook
    * State of the art graphics card
    * Watch TV everywhere where DVB-T is offered
    * Modern, wireless solutions via Bluetooth
    * Burn data and music easily on CD/DVD
    * Enjoy music directly from your notebook
    * Cheaper phone calls via internet
    * Pioneer multispeed DVD burner

Lidl really like to give you all the info![/sarcasm] Surf the internet easily?!? :eek: Must buy now!

I'd say it would be alright. Lidl usually have good laptops. More value than anything you would get in PC world etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

It says nothing about it your right no spec nothing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭astec123

http://www.targa.co.uk/cms/printable.php?id=383

The name is mentioned on the screen.

Ha ha silly me? ta it looks ok ( i think)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

Looks nice to me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭astec123

Dont worry I would of done the same but why they didnt put the spec up is a mystery.

Ta astec123 felt like a fool@skool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭lukin

It's the exact same one as I bought there on the last lappie special they had two months ago. I am surprised that it isn't a higher spec this time. Usually every Lidl lappie supercedes the previous one in terms of spec.
    Anyway I am very happy with mine so far Carpenter, so you can't go far wrong. The only small gripe I have with it is the battery time:only 2 and 3/4 hours.
    A word of advice if you do buy it though:uninstall that crappy antivirus software that comes with it straight away,it refused to allow me install certain programs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

would that laptop be able to handle a new game like battlefield 2 at all? Or would you have to go for a greater spec?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭lukin

I couldn't tell you,I'm game-phobic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

It should handle it OK - it has a gig of RAM and an ATI X700 graphics card. BF2 is very ram hungry and will easily consume more than a gigabyte but it should work OK - although running it at the laptop's native resolution of 1280x800 might be awkward - you will probably have to fool around with command line switches with the game. (The in game menu doesn't let you go higher than 1280x960 so to get it working properly with my TFT screen I had to go this route)
    Other less intensive but still recent games, such as Half-Life 2 should run smooth as butter on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Dopey

Folks,

I noticed from a thread on the bargain alerts forum that this laptop can be bought in Newry for between 200 and 300 cheaper. Rip of Ireland strikes again!

Check it out here for the sterling price.

http://www.lidl.ie/ie/index_ni.nsf/pages/c.o.oow.20050808.p.Notebook

Dopey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Integrated 7 in 2 memory card reader? in two?

I am going to buy it any idea what time i should be outside the shop in blanch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭daywalker

Shrimp wrote:
    Integrated 7 in 2 memory card reader? in two?

possible the reader is split into 2 sections rather than having it all in long section, or else its a typo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭odie

I have the Targa visionary 811a, and I am well impressed with it, 4 of my friends also bought them and have had no issues with them. There is also the 3 year pick and return guarantee if anything does tho'. It came with 512mb Ram and slapped another 512mb from Marx Computers and it's a flyer

I am thinking of getting the 826T, and flog my PC. Will save on space and the Targa will play all the games I have.

811a has the 9700 agp graphics and I had no problem playing Battlefield 2 demo on it, albeit at medium settings.

So the X700 PCIe on the 826T should sing along to that and other new games.

Lets face it, it is more powerfull than the Acer ferrari 4005 which has similar spec, and comes in over 400 yoyo's cheaper.

Targa rocks for me, cant't wait till theymake one with a 17" screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

This is what PC Live said about it:
    Targa features top build

Lidl's Targa Traveller 17" Notebook on review.
    This Targa notebook is powered by AMD’s Turion mobile processor The Targa Traveller Notebook 826T is a good quality laptop. Although it does not have a big name manufacturer, it’s a powerful, well-built machine. This could be viewed as a desktop replacement with its AMD Turion 64 MT32 processor, 1.8Ghz, 512Kbyte cache, and spacious Samsung 80Gbyte hard drive.

The device sports a fully comprehensive set of connections with four USB 2.0 ports, one Firewire, and a seven in two memory card reader which writes and reads Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, Secure Digital Card, Multimedia Card, CF1, CF2 and IBM Micro Drive.

The notebook is solidly built with Wi-Fi, TV and Radio Tuner, and a super fast DVD burner with all the standard features. A headset, microphone, and mouse come supplied with the laptop. The headset is particularly useful for making telephone calls over the Internet. This is aided by Ahead Sipps voice over IP software which comes as part of the software package.

The bundled software package is extensive. It includes Windows XP, Encarta 2005, Auto route 2005, Photo Premium 10, Microsoft OEM Works Suite 2005, among others.

Some people may be a little thrown off at the idea of buying a computer at Lidl. If the computers have exactly what you want in terms of features and service, then why not get a good deal. Plus, the three year warranty adds peace of mind.

Price: EUR*1499

Verdict 8/10

The Targa Traveller Notebook is a powerful, economic machine. It looks good – black with silver trim – and its 17-inch screen is good quality. It may not be a big brand name, but the machine is well worth considering.

What time do i need to be there to get 1 and how many per shop do they get

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Roy Rogers

I was looking at the picture of the laptop itself on the front page of the Lidl brochure they hand out, and I noticed that the keyboard on the picture is a German layout.

I'm just wondering if the actual model they sell will have a German keyboard, or is it just that their stock photos are German or something. Anyone any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

would that laptop be able to handle a new game like battlefield 2 at all? Or would you have to go for a greater spec?

Should do very well. My go6600 runs it real nice@high with no AA. And the x700 is a tiny bit better@stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

It'll have a UK/Ireland keyboard layout, probably just german stock photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Roy Rogers

Cool; was kinda worrying about that. Thought it'd be absurd for them to sell a German laptop in Ireland, but you never know with Lidl...

Can somebody tell me what time i should be there at and how many they get

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Had them a couple of months ago and they had them for a couple of weeks, just ask at checkouts - might differ between stores though. I suspect this might be another drive to sell off the remainder of that stock.

Advertisement