Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i river. dammit!!!!!!

• 03-08-2005 6:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭

ok, didnt know what this iriver thing is so i just checked it out. and holy moly, dammit, my ipod looks crappy in comparison. i want that pmp 40gb one. looks soooo good and would be great to take with me around the world next year.
    is there anything bad to say about it???

cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

the bad thing is once you get it you can miss it taking with you
    i take mine every day on dart
    love iriver can play movies on it
    mine is h320 though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Thats why you research before buying ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

I have an iRiver. I only had it a few weeks before even better players started coming out. If I got one of those the same thing would happen.

Thats the nature of technology.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭pokermonkey

in my defense i bought my ipod about 2 years ago. im thinking of splurging if i can get one on ebay.

but seriously, are there no bad points?

You cant build playlists on the player itself apparently, you have to do it before hand and copy them over. Somebody told me that, I wouldnt have noticed myself.

Other than that, no bad points.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Why is the h320 no longer available?(On amazon at least), they've discontinued the Rio Karma as well......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Its quite strange, you can still get it at verious sites, such as www.teamdigital.net, also, i discovered that it is available in argos for about €330 but I have heard from several sources that the model is discontinued. I presume you can still get it tho, argos would be your best bet. I ordered one from teamdigital, and it came to about €321 but i'm still waiting for it. I would have gone to argos and paid the extra €10 if i had known they were selling it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

There are better players out there than the iRiver, you know...

Like this one, for example

Is it €300?

ok, the iaudio lokks good, but not as nice as the iriver, or the Archos. was looking at reviews for the archos on cnet, and it does look like the best available. me thinks im leaning a little more in that direction......... if its going cheap on ebay anyway.

any of you guys used one of the newer Archos'?
    also, is there anywhere in dublin you can check these media players out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

have used the H10 20Gb and like the scrolling function / startup time and playlists. I however own 2 H320 and have to say overall i find it the better player for the moment prob untill new firmware comes out for the H10.

Opti

CiaranC wrote:
    Is it €300?

It retails at €369, but you may well find it cheaper online.
    ok, the iaudio lokks good, but not as nice as the iriver

Personally I think it's nicer. The sound quality is stunning, it supports more file formats, it has a clever little joystick for navigation through its nicer easier and faster menu interface, and supports MP4 video playback.
    also, is there anywhere in dublin you can check these media players out?

I work in Harvey Norman in Dundalk and we've a huge range of players from i-disgo, Sony, Creative, MPIO, iRiver and I-Audio on display for people to check out and play with. I actually run the MP3 desk there. I don't know if the Swords branch have the same range of players (don't think so) or if they allow customers direct access to them like we do, but you might try there.

dont suppose harvey n have an out let some where in town? those two places are a tad inaccssable.

cheers

Harvey Norman are only in Swords and Dundalk for the moment. You can be pretty sure there'll be a Dublin City branch open at some stage in the next couple of years...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

Heh. I'm listening to my H340 right now :)

No complaints from me, check out misticriver.net and enter the iriver universe...

davej

Advertisement