Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regarding the High Score challenges

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Golden axe is a bit dated and streets of rage games are a little too easy. The other games I agree with. Haven't played Rodland in years. Loved that game on the C64

Edit: You migt have to be careful with some games that would have respawning enemies where you can sit in one place and rack up the score for hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Very true.

OK - I think either PACMAN or RODLAND then.
    Anyone any preferences ? (dont think rodland has respawning enemies)

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

what about metal slug 1/2/3? they are the ultimate 2d shooters and take ninja-like reflexes to play well - a true test of skill :)

Hmmm ..... forgot about those too.

OK, so the choices are -
    *Metal Slug
    *Pacman
    *Rodland

Cast votes NOW

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Metal slug has respawning bad guys. Means you can stay in a safe place and rack up big scores. Definitely not suitable.

• Advertisement

i vote dodonpachi and bubble bobble

Metal Slug does not have respawning bad guys and has a 60 sec time limit that kills u if u stay in one spot for too long. so it IS completely suitable :p

It does have respawning bad guys but you are right about the time limit making it much more suitable for high score challenges. If it wins watch out. I'm quite good at it and usually play it with 1 credit.

Retr0gamer wrote:
    dodonpachi

What actually is that ? It sounds familiar but I cant place it at all.

It's a vertically scrolling shoot'em up with ridiculously big weapons and a score multiplier system were you get more points for the amount of bad guys you kill in a split second before the last one. Ridiculous scores can be achieved in the game with a bit of skill. 'acquire' it and find find out how good it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Hehe... if you want twitch gameplay, try this: Every Extend (don't mind the Engrish)

Totally random (so no memorising, other than the boss), has a secret boss; and is a great way to waste 6mins of office time ;)

Beat my score:
    Difficulty: Heavy
    Score: 2 770 830 (Max Chain: 96)

Have fun :cool:

If it wins watch out. I'm quite good at it and usually play it with 1 credit.

BWHAHAHAHA that just makes me want it to win even more!!!!!!!!!!!!!! where can i vote 1000 times? :rolleyes:

OK - I want to see a row between Hercule and Retr0gamer break out so its got to be metal slug (1) this week !!
    MAME emulator ?
    Should we say a single life or will we go with the three for some serious high scores ?

I don't know about anybody else but I'm well up for a bubble bobble emulator challenge. 1 credit highest score. everybody seems to be afraid of shmups. Bloody wusses the lot of ya's!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I assume I am the Fzero champion so?

I say a Pro evolution challenge. ie highest score to beat Brazil or Real Madrid on 5star difficulty or somethin with some terrible team.

Yes you are. I'm the Metal Slug champion because of all the courage and bravery despite being overpowered by Hercules.

Well maybe i'll let Hercules have the glory this time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

wat is the challenge for Soul Calibur 2??? and is there one for F-Zero GX and SSBM?? interested in all really, quite handy at them ;)

how about a new one for SC2 if its already done btw...
    something like:
    Extra Survival No Recovery
    Character - Any
    Highest no. of wins

That challenge is over. the other lad it the champion. you cant just try take his crown now. unless you challenge him and he accepts.

c - 13 wrote:
    OK for with this weeks I asked Rainbow Kirby to come up with a challenge for Super Smash Bros Melee because she seems comes across as an experienced SSBM player and this is what she came up with.

The Game : Super Smash Bros Melee
    The Challenge : How many LEVEL 1 CPU characters can you beat in 5 minutes ?
    The Stage : Pokemon Stadium
    The CPU characters : Samus, Young Link and Pikachu
    Player Carachter : Any

Personally I like the sound of it ! I think that this could be a really interesting challenge with some pretty high scores !

Again thanks to Rainbow Kirby for coming up with this challenge !!!

So whats everyone elses opinions ?

Where do i post results?
    I knocked out 21 using Ganondorf on first try... going to do more tomorow

these challenges last for one week only. and the winnner got 33 or somethin anyway.

• Advertisement

evad_lhorg wrote:
    That challenge is over. the other lad it the champion. you cant just try take his crown now. unless you challenge him and he accepts.

ah my sig is more in relation to gamecon, not here... Im just interested to know wat the challenge was for it.
    hopefully there will be a new one :D

never even saw your sig tbh. but id have a look a few pages back. it was console challenge 1 i think/

Apologies for not keeping up with this weeks challenges everyone, been a busy week in work and havent really had a chance to get near a PC.

Been tossing round a few ideas for this week -
    EMULATOR
    PACMAN OR BUBBLE BOBBLE (Suggested By Retr0gamer)

CONSOLE
    SSX TRICKY OR PRO EVOLUTION (Suggested by Evad)

@ JAZZY
    Theres only one way you can challenge the winners of the previous challenges. Call then out and challenge them to a Duel !!! :D
    Either PM the use or create a thread and (politely - no abuse now) challenge them to a match for their Title, of course it is completely up to the champion if they wish to accept or not.
    If they accept your challenge, post your challenge in the origional thread for that chalenge - stating who is challenging who etc and then battle it out.
    We can come up with any extra rules as we go along.

Also keep an eye on my sig - Its updated to the new challenges every week.

Going by what I'm reading here, I guess I'm the un-official Every Extend (PC) champ! Go me! :D

Challenge is in sig; I'll accept challenges ANYTIME!! :cool:

K.O.Kiki wrote:
    Going by what I'm reading here, I guess I'm the un-official Every Extend (PC) champ! Go me! :D

Challenge is in sig; I'll accept challenges ANYTIME!! :cool:

Cheap imitation of the REAL challenges !!! ;)
    Just messin' dude
    Would have actually downloaded that for a blast myself but only have a ****ty connection at home and cant play it in work :(

i had trouble downloading it :(

Shag, that sucks :( It's <10mb; you sure you can't d/l that overnight & burn to CD? There's no installation; just extracting a .zip. Don't do it if it could damage your job, though! :eek:

@Retr0gamer: check the link again; I didn't direct-link the 1st time. Is updated now.

Yeah i could leave it running i guess, stupid 56k dialup.
    And theres no broadband in my area yet, or any plans for it for a while either.

c - 13 wrote:
    @ JAZZY
    Theres only one way you can challenge the winners of the previous challenges. Call then out and challenge them to a Duel !!! :D
    Either PM the use or create a thread and (politely - no abuse now) challenge them to a match for their Title, of course it is completely up to the champion if they wish to accept or not.
    If they accept your challenge, post your challenge in the origional thread for that chalenge - stating who is challenging who etc and then battle it out.
    We can come up with any extra rules as we go along.

Also keep an eye on my sig - Its updated to the new challenges every week.

hokey doke thats cool enough...
    I missed the challenges of the games Im any good at ya c (Soul Calibur & SSBM) due to not reading enough but yeah... i may challenge some ppl but the best way to sort it is to go to a LAN party and have a real duel there :D Darkside is coming up on the 2nd of september and im sure there will be somesort of SC2 competition/challenge + plenty of other games...

I tried the F-Zero GX challenge but only got a time of 2:40 for aeropolis :(
    my driving skills are far inferior to my fighting games!

P.S. - I know it looks like an obvious plug for that LAN above but im not an organiser or anything... I just think they are great fun and im always interested in talented SC2 players

• Advertisement

nah Im just too good at fzero ;) Im the champ didnt you know? :D

Advertisement