Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle vs. Deportivo (Inc. Scores)

• 03-08-2005 8:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭

Understandably most people were watching the Shels game (I turned off at 3-1 :( ) but Newcastle vs. Deportivo has been really exciting. Newcastle have played really well and got a well-worked but pretty fortunate goal from James Milner. Jorge Andrade equalised just before half time.
    It's been very very fiesty, there's been a few scuffles, including a bit of a mass-brawl after Shearer challenged the keeper Mollina. Shearer, Parker and Elliot have been booked and Tristan for Depor. If it continues in the same tempo, there could be a sending-off.
    Emre has been very impressive so far.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Yeah, I seen the match. Emre and Parker looked good, Milner seems to be coming on aswell. But the defence looked really poor with Elliott in there.

Newcastle need to sign at least 4 more players before the start of the new season, including a top class centre-half and a top class striker!

more better quality cover at the back is required.

midfield looks sorted, I suppose another right winger, for cover

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

They've plenty of midfielders, but not much natural width. I'd agree that their first priority is a centre half and a striker.

Did you see the Newcastle sub (Martin Britain?) come on in the last couple of seconds? The final whistle blew as he was running onto the pitch! Classic! :D
    Does that count as an appearance?? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Yeh, its a sad day for the premiership when the 8th(not sure, maybe lower?) place team can only come runners up in the Inter-Toto cup, against Deportivo.

PHB wrote:
    Yeh, its a sad day for the premiership when the 8th(not sure, maybe lower?) place team can only come runners up in the Inter-Toto cup, against Deportivo.
    Man City finished 8th, Newcastle finished well south of that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Newcastle finished 14th last season. And was'nt it the Semi Final anyway? either way the remaining teams are all pretty decent so its not too bad.. A couple more good players and they'll be quite a good potential side! I do hate Souness though..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

PHB wrote:

First of all Depor are a MUCH better team than any team outside of the top 4 in england.

thier defence is as good as any in england outside or chelsea.

Jorge Andre and Colocinni are as good a partnership at the back as any.

Players like sergio, veleron, De Guzman and Duscher are a very solid midfeild and players like Tristan and Leque are amazingly gifted strikers.

Compared to Newcastle they are head and shoulders above, they just had a bad season, hence being in the intertoto cup.

I'd also like to add that the EPL is the third best league in europe, the spainish and Italian teams still have more world class players and still attract better players.

Seaneh wrote:
    First of all Depor are a MUCH better team than any team outside of the top 4 in england.

thier defence is as good as any in england outside or chelsea.

Jorge Andre and Colocinni are as good a partnership at the back as any.

Players like sergio, veleron, De Guzman and Duscher are a very solid midfeild and players like Tristan and Leque are amazingly gifted strikers.

Compared to Newcastle they are head and shoulders above, they just had a bad season, hence being in the intertoto cup.

I'd also like to add that the EPL is the third best league in europe, the spainish and Italian teams still have more world class players and still attract better players.

I thought PHB was being sarcastic actually in response to the post above him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement