Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF2 newbie servers ?

Options
  • 03-08-2005 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭

Any Oirish BF2 servers that welcome newbies (like me) ?

Also, when trying to play online on some of the servers listed within the game, I get kicked for "no packet flow". Do I need to open some ports on my firewall or summit ?

Thanks !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

m_stan wrote:

Also, when trying to play online on some of the servers listed within the game, I get kicked for "no packet flow". Do I need to open some ports on my firewall or summit ?

Thanks !
    I'd be interested in knowing this too.
    Had BF2 for a weeks or so now, and think I've sorted my skills enough on singleplayer mode... and am getting Broadbank next week!

Any tips / advise for a newbie on the online battlefield?

cheers...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

whiskeyman wrote:
    I am getting Broadbank next week!

Any tips / advise for a newbie on the online battlefield?
    Go onto a 64 man server, and join a squad.

I take it you know what class you wish to excel in at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

the_syco wrote:

I take it you know what class you wish to excel in at this stage?

eh, like Spec Ops / Medic / Support ?

Yeah, I think so...
    Will take a bit of time adjusting to the frantic multiplayer mode no doubt...
    Cant wait thought :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I find engineer to be fun :)

It was interesting laming it up to the max last night as a passenger in a black hawk, continually repairing it, with a medic and support present too, as well as the guys manning the miniguns and pilot. It took the enemy bloody ages to kill us (this was one of the MEC maps, there were no attack choppers).

Sprinkling anti tank mines around the enemy bases from several hundred feet is amusing too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

m_stan wrote:

Thanks !

Your welcome on the Jarhedz GFF server, fozzy.jarhedz.com:16567 or type "jarhedz" in to the ingame filters :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Stephen wrote:
    I find engineer to be fun :)

It was interesting laming it up to the max last night as a passenger in a black hawk, continually repairing it, with a medic and support present too, as well as the guys manning the miniguns and pilot. It took the enemy bloody ages to kill us (this was one of the MEC maps, there were no attack choppers).

Sprinkling anti tank mines around the enemy bases from several hundred feet is amusing too.

Heh, watch out some admins dont like a full black hawk hoverin cappin flags while continously being repaired :eek:

Love doing it but is a pain when gettin it done on ya, lol. Lookin for the lil AA guns about or a few ppl with rockets till hit the BH b4 repaired from previous rocket attack. My own team usually goes over my mines though :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

m_stan wrote:

Thanks !

Check out this thread for links and information on Irish Battlefield Servers:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=266718

• Registered Users Posts: 46 doud

Hey guys,

just a quick word to say i dropped by on G.F.F.'s server as DouD-72 and even if it was quite fun and i had a great time, hehe
    $ echo " more Players" ¦ Jarhedz G.F.F.

DouD

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Glad you like our server doud,pop on our public team speak server for some mighty laughs :)
    fozzy.jarhedz.com is address,pop into the GFF channel in there.
    GFF have a Call of Duty UO server also if your interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭wideband

doud wrote:
    Hey guys,

just a quick word to say i dropped by on G.F.F.'s server as DouD-72 and even if it was quite fun and i had a great time, hehe
    DouD

Enjoyed the game to m8......drop by again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement