Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some pics of my racing last year.

• 03-08-2005 10:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭

Last year, I had a good year in the Irish Formula Vee championship, I took 7 wins and 1 2nd (out of 8 rounds) to win the B championship, and I led the National championship for a good portion of the year, taking 2 poles (Donington) 1 win (Donington), 1 2nd, and 3 3rds on my way to 3rd in that championship. On top of that, I won the Dunlop Hawthorn Trophy (basically clubman champion), finishing first of all circuit racers in the country, in every class. Here are some pics, hope yous like them.

donchico4.jpg

kirkfish04.jpg

veekirkchic.jpg

donchic04.jpg

scan.jpg

scan0002.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

can i have a go of your car?

well done too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

nice pics - you should try formula ford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Kersh

way too expensive - this year Im running a driver in that car, and Im out in my other car. Finally mine is up to speed, and the young lad is showing some pace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

hope it goes well for you, some nice pics alrite - like the number of the car, i was born that year, 1981 i must add. fair play on what you have achieved so far too

Cheers, thanks ctrl. :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Great pics, Kersh, and great job in last year's championships.

Lovely car too, I must say. Very clean and well-prepared looking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Just a couple of quick questions, Kersh. Is that a Leastone you're racing? Looks like one anyway, though I'm not too up on Vee's at the moment. Which do you think is better, the Sheanes or the Leastones or are they much of a muchness?

Secondly, how much does a Formula Vee cost these days? Last time I looked, about 4 or 5 years ago, second-hand Sheanes seemed to be going for about the 4-5 grand mark or so, and it would cost a couple of grand to run for a season roughly as well. Are they still around that price or has it increased?

By the way, if Formula Ford is too expensive, have you looked into doing Formula Sheane by any chance? With the demise of Formula Ireland it's pretty much become the premier single-seater class in this country now, though it's supposed to be pretty cheap to compete in. Well, relatively speaking, that is, given the costs of competing in any kind of motorsport! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Lovely car too, I must say. Very clean and well-prepared looking.
    Thank you.We actually won the best prepared car.(im his bro)
    And i was in charge of race preparation :D

And a big thank you to Beekay *clap clap clap* - He did a great job.
    Aidan, yes it is a Leastone - Paul Heavey who builds them, and my race engines, is one of my best friends in racing circles, (his son spun last weekend, and I collected him) boo, He won the Irish National title last year, it was him I was fighting for it.
    I had a Sheane in 99/00, but went to do a season with Leastone in UK in 2001, i think its much of a muchness between the cars tbh. I dont think the racing in F sheane is as frantic as the vees, which is why I like it. Both my cars are always for sale for 6500. Both are frontrunners and iirc Heaveys title winner is for sale at same price. Some guys look for mad money (7-8000), a non front runner usually goes for c 4500.
    A season costs - well look at it this way, race entry is 190eu, testing is 180eu half day, or 230eu full day. Petrol for weekend 50eu. So thats per race weekend. Tyres are 600eu a set, but usually last 7/8 races out of 10. Heavey built my double championship engine, which is a rocket for 2500eu. Some guys are paying 5000eu for engine. Anymore questions, please ask, dont be shy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Are you racing Vee's next year?

Have you been scouted for F3? :D

• Advertisement

I always carry my mobile with me in case Mr Dennis should call me, I expected Jean Todt to ring after last year, but I guess he must be busy . :D . :D
    Yes, hopefully ill have both cars out next year, so if you fancy a go.......

I'd fancy a go!!! Although I'm only 15 and in the middle of starting a Karting fund!!

Think about it. With someone with a good racing backround such as mine you would think I'd have something set up already. What with my 2nd cousin Derek Daly an ex F1 driver(until Frank Williams ruined his career :mad: ), the late Vivian Daly and my uncle all racing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Nicely done Kersh, on all of it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭TimG

Hi all, I'm new to this forum. Nice car Kersh. I have to agree with you aidan, FSheane is now the leading single seater class in Ireland, which is great considering how much work David Sheane put in to it. Hopefully I'll be racing one someday, after stints in karting/FVee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭ando

how did you get into racing Kersh? I'd love to do a bit of motorsport but I dont know anyone that would go to the trouble of helping me out for a weekend. I'm the only one in the family that has any interest in cars/racing .... Do you have much knowledge in motor engineering?

I just figured - ill have ago of that, and bought a car. I hadnt a clue about engines/cars beforehand, but now I do. That expanded to a season and a half in Uk, and now a race team over here. And im one of the few Irish Olympic Council recognised instructors in Ireland, so it could be me assessing you for your race licence....... ;)
    Pm me about buying a decent car , i know of a few. And can honestly tell you how good they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

andyman wrote:
    I'd fancy a go!!! Although I'm only 15 and in the middle of starting a Karting fund!!

Think about it. With someone with a good racing backround such as mine you would think I'd have something set up already. What with my 2nd cousin Derek Daly an ex F1 driver(until Frank Williams ruined his career :mad: ), the late Vivian Daly and my uncle all racing.

what Karting class you racing in?

@ando id be interested in helping out, although its been 3 or four years since ive gotten my hands dirty!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Just a note on what Kersh said about costs. Most classes here are not too expensive to run, it when you have "altercations" that it can get expensive!

also, things like accomodation, food travel fuel etc all add up.

My advice would be, if you want to get into racing, DO IT! Its an experience you will never forget and will learn a lot from it. Not to mention its great craic (on the good days!)

we ended up buying a 6 berth camper for weekends away. In the long run it is cheaper for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭ando

@ando id be interested in helping out, although its been 3 or four years since ive gotten my hands dirty!

cheer m8, appreciate it. I'm looking into it at the moment.

Kersh, where do you keep the cars you have when not racing? Do you have to get insurance for them when their not racing incase of theft etc

• Advertisement

what Karting class you racing in?

I've only started a fund but I'm still a long way away. Not sure what class I'm going into.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

Kersh, do you live in Naas?

No, why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

I was delivering to a house on Saturday and someone in the house was watching the qualifying. Of course because I was working I was recording the qualifying and I kept having to sing to myself so I wouldn't hear the TV. :D

I also noticed a balaclava and overalls. Racing gear + qualifying + you working at Mondello = Kersh.

Never was good at maths :D

Ah, I see. I live in Swords.

Advertisement