Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calling All Skaters!!!!!!!

Options
  • 03-08-2005 10:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭

HEY!! I'm new to skatein and have a ****ty hud board and i cant ollie so if any one lives near rathfarnham or anything and is willing to teach me let me know AND if any skaters wanna go to town to like skate basiclly let me know it be cool to meet some skaters!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Go to a park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭skateing dragon

Theres no skate park near me

• Registered Users Posts: 68,691 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I think you'll find that theres no skateparks "near" nearly anyone, even in Dublin. You're going to have to travel.

Unfortunately that probably means *shudders* ramp and rail at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

SO what if theres no parks skate on the streets but then again thats not the best way to learn the basics. Figure out how to ollie first and **** then skate on the streets, or ya could do what i did build yourself a mini ramp you can find plans on the net pretty easy and its not that hard to make as lnong as you got a few strong buddies.Used to skate maself untill i totally ****ed up my knee to the point where i was limping everywhere, so i went to a doc and he told me that if i keep skating ill do perment damage so i grudgeingly quit skatin thinking of going back skating again not that i was great its just that it was fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,691 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Oh, and whatever you do - it will -take time-* to get good. Don't give up if you keep screwing up

*probably less time than it took me, as I'm dyspraxic and sometimes fall over walking in a straight line....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭smois

some ppl learn to skate quiker than other's...i think it took me a year to learn how to ollie...but it was worth it....take ur time...and oh yea....be patient

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Took me a week to get the old ollie. My brother taught me a neat way of learning. Find a a piece of railing at about waist height to you. Hold onto it while standing on your board. Now just stand there and start kicking on the tale while jumping into the air ( wile holding the railing ). After a few hours u will start to get move your foot forward as u kick down. Within a week your board will be following your feet as u jump :). Take a few hours and give it a bash, worked wonders for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭skateing dragon

Thanks alot endurance man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Djddd1

Buy some video's get some insperation go out and skate. Watch another video, Go out and build a ramp. Oh and you will get slightly hurt, Happen's to everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 orinocho17

hey man if ur still lookin to learn how to sk8 , me and my friends sk8 (well i stoped ) but there good sk8rs i shoot sk8 footage and were just waitin till i get software before puttin my vids on dvd so if u wanna come into town or watever with us and sk8 we'll show u around the streets,teach ya sum stuff and watever so pm me if ur intrested anyways l8r m8

peace orin

Advertisement