Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concert reunions

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Per Liefsonson

Now we look forward to Wacken, the clearly superior festival.
    *shakes fist. Very vigorously*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

I'm narrowing my eyes threateningly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭odhran

Some of us go to Sziget... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

And yet I say teh superior festival. Anyway, anyone going to Anata on thursday? Bill and I may be there checking out Ground of Ruin, quality Irish band. Only fifteen quid either way. Also, teh second Cryptopsy gig approaches. I can't make it myself, but people should go, as they kick ass, and played Graves of Our Fathers last time, which is an experience in itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

Yeah, clearly superior. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Because Oxegen sounds like the best-run and friendliest of festivals, by all accounts, especially this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

EP ftw tbh roffleskates lolcano. Hopefully I can go.

Piste wrote:
    EP ftw tbh roffleskates lolcano. Hopefully I can go.

I dunno now, I'd have found it very hard to enjoy oxegen had I not liked any of the bands playing. ie up until 5pm on Saturday. (Damian Dempsey ffs!) Now I know that EP seems to be a very friendly and laid back weekend, the only band I'd like in it would be the Yeah Yeah Yeahs so I'd give it a miss. But of course you may like every other act there and in that case then you'd have a great weekend of it (if it doesn't rain)

Because Oxegen sounds like the best-run and friendliest of festivals, by all accounts, especially this year.
    I don't think it was badly run. I mean, all the acts that were meant to play, played. I didn't see any fighting from where I was. So, did you enjoy it when YOU were there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

carlowboy wrote:
    I don't think it was badly run. I mean, all the acts that were meant to play, played. I didn't see any fighting from where I was. So, did you enjoy it when YOU were there?

You obviously didnt go to see The Twighlight Singers then:D

• Advertisement

Didn't go, wasn't interested in anyone playing really, and I've had no love of MCD's organisational skills for a long time. They tend to hire heavy-handed amateur security, and while noone has put forward evidence of mistreatment so far, from past experience I have no problem believing some of the allegations of violence. Also, putting on a festival is about more than making sure that all bands play when they should, the crowd should not come back crying out against it. When your audience resonse can be grouped into the two categories of:
    1) Fookin' dehly wha! Goh fookin smashed and bate som pore bastar wha!
    and
    2) Was terrified, slept in my car because scumbags (see response 1) were burning tents with people in them, robbing and fighting other campers.
    you have a badly run festival. Simple as in my books. If Wacken is run like that I will eat my considerable hat.

all these stories are blown out of proportion.

The music was good, not much craic in campsite due to the **** weather

I had no trouble on the last night. I could see some fires in the distance

While this is still unaccceptable, christ lads, it wasnt Baghdad!

Its the people that attend it that is the problem, not always the security. I found most of them to be helpful. In two years iv never seen any of this heavy-handedness that has been talked about.

The Celtic Tiger is somewhat to blame also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

Well it was a bit bad, but it was easy to avoid trouble.There were some decent security guards but there were a lot of not so decent ones.If you didn't cause trouble I found you could have a good time because security were only going after the people acting up.

There have been allegations made against security and stories going round of beatings.Oxegen have removed their message forum, presumably for this reason.It wasn't a bad time at all, really the opposite except for some small things.

Tool! Tool Are Coming! Batten The Mother****ing Hatches! Tool Are Playing Here! \o/\o/\o/\o/\o/

LiamD wrote:
    Well it was a bit bad, but it was easy to avoid trouble.There were some decent security guards but there were a lot of not so decent ones.If you didn't cause trouble I found you could have a good time because security were only going after the people acting up.

There have been allegations made against security and stories going round of beatings.Oxegen have removed their message forum, presumably for this reason.It wasn't a bad time at all, really the opposite except for some small things.

The reason they removed is that people were talking bull**** (claiming to be Event Security), for a joke like and the Mirror fell for it and printed an article that was based on lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭odranCN

TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO*gasps for air*OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOl

Got my Muse ticket yesterday..........Can't wait.

Tool. Superseded only by the Unholy Alliance. I'll be at either of the above, or both, thank you very much, and hold the mayonnaise.

smile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Jim_Are_Great

I have two words for everyone:

Tool
    TOOL

Tool, as well, sorry.

THE KOOKS!!!!!!!

29th November. The most popular band in Engineering, 2006.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭meeka

Yay. going to tool =]

Who has standing tickets for Tool? They appear to be sold out, and as I now intend getting a seated ticket, who has standing, so I could borrow a stub when they're in?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭meeka

I have a standing ticket.. but it was weird, on the ticketmaster site when you search for standing, it appears to be sold out, but if you choose "best available" it comes up with a standing ticket. or it did for me, at least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

Wolfmother, on the sixth of November anyone? I know Darren and Tiernan are going already, but I forget who else. Tickets are only 25.15.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Love

Opeth, Monday the 13th of November, Vicar Street, doors open 19:00, show starts 19:30, Paradise Lost supporting, €33.50.

I want to go, dunno if I can yet or not. Anyone else?

Going. As in Opeth.

Opeth!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Madeleine

Dragonforce in the Ambassador?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I'm tempted...but I am skint. Gotte get me my Opeth ticket first then see if I have money for other concerts, there are so many i want to go to.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭JenLorigan

I keep forgetting to ask about Opeth/get Opeth ticket.

This will end with me standing outside Vicar Street on the thirteenth looking forlorn.

• Advertisement

go early and meet the guys again. ;)

Advertisement