Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concert reunions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Raphael wrote:
    **** you R4ph

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭smiley_knees

Franz Ferdinand, Point, 18/nov anyone??? Got my tickets today!!!
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Mocha One Sugar

Raphael wrote:
    Congratulations, you're a pretentious idiot.

thanks for that. i'll put it on the next CV i write, do you mind if i put you down as one of my references?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Chris IS Cool

Music genres get people so worked up...

Anyone going to Robert Plant, Olympia, Saturday 10th December?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

thanks for that. i'll put it on the next CV i write, do you mind if i put you down as one of my references?
    Go right ahead!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭the_red_cherry

leave matthe alone! though if you do ruin lost i will hunt you down and kill you.

Have to agree with Aonghus. I like knowing a few largely unheard of bands, but I'd like them to get the success and recogniton they deserve, instead of playing to tiny audiences their entire lives. The mainstream has an effect on artists though, and tends to enforce a policy of radio-friendliness. However, MCR have been a basic emo band since they started, and it wasn't a year and a half ago either: I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love was released in 2002, so at least know the facts.

yes but there was a managerial fault that resulted in the record only going on general release half way through 2003. thank you very much.
    also might i add that it was an absolutely atrocious attempt at their debut album, it was put together and recorded way too quickly and the completely rushed the whole thing, hence the apalling (sp?!) trash that is on it. there are only one or two redeeming tracks on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Shiney

The songs on the 1st album are good, they were just badly recorded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Mr.D.Leprachaun

Music genres get people so worked up...

Anyone going to Robert Plant, Olympia, Saturday 10th December?
    Certainly am! Btw Dave, did I hear you say Pogues?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Have to agree with Aonghus. I like knowing a few largely unheard of bands, but I'd like them to get the success and recogniton they deserve, instead of playing to tiny audiences their entire lives. The mainstream has an effect on artists though, and tends to enforce a policy of radio-friendliness. However, MCR have been a basic emo band since they started, and it wasn't a year and a half ago either: I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love was released in 2002, so at least know the facts.

And in the inside booklet for casually dressed & deep in conversation (2003), Ryan Richards is wearing a My Chemical Romance t-shirt.

Now who's emo?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Per Liefsonson

Undergod wrote:
    Now who's emo?
    Matt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

FOO FIGHTERS!!!!!!!111111ONEONE
    GO TO IT!

As well, Biffy Clyro are playing in Templebar on the 10th of December, although I'm sure none of you will have heard them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Manda5678

carlowboy wrote:
    FOO FIGHTERS!!!!!!!111111ONEONE
    GO TO IT!

As well, Biffy Clyro are playing in Templebar on the 10th of December, although I'm sure none of you will have heard them

i want to go to foo fighters sooo much but lack of money is stopping me...grrrrneeessss
    Im guessing that your are gng donal?

who now?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Omg, Biffy?

I couldnae go to the gig in April due to it being in the Voodoo Lounge. By Temple Bar do you mean the music centre? In which case, gosh darn my not-18-ness.

yes, indeed I am. Tickets went on sale today and I got 'em as soon as I finished school........I'm holding out for either The Futureheads or Kaiser Chiefs support.

Biffy Clyro are a class act. Best Scottish band ever. They were meant to play at the Gary Moore/Thin Lizzy gig but they didn't :(

Omg, Biffy?

I couldnae go to the gig in April due to it being in the Voodoo Lounge. By Temple Bar do you mean the music centre? In which case, gosh darn my not-18-ness.

If you can't go, they'll probably play a few more times in 2006 because they'll have a new album out before Christmas I would think.

'MONN DE BIFFY!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Manda5678

carlowboy wrote:
    yes, indeed I am. Tickets went on sale today and I got 'em as soon as I finished school........I'm holding out for either The Futureheads or Kaiser Chiefs support.

Biffy Clyro are a class act. Best Scottish band ever. They were meant to play at the Gary Moore/Thin Lizzy gig but they didn't :(

foo fighters and possibly the kaiser chiefs aswell?
    hmm... sounds like a good deal for about 50 euro. tho not to keen on the future heads...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭LordCran

Perhaps no-one heard me the 1st time. Bigger writing is in order.
    BOB DYLAN!!!
    Only the icon of the 60s, possibly the most influential songwriter ever, the man without whom the Beatles wouldn't have got past She Loves You, the Stones would have been an obscure South London covers band, and protest music would never have started. Playing the Point. 26th November. Be there, or be spherical. Anyone who is going, let me know, s'il vous plait.

Looks like its going to be Futureheads and Eagles of Death Metal with Foo Fighters. Eagles are a fookin great band

carlowboy wrote:

BIFFY?!?! wowza!
    i wanna go so bad!!!!!!!!
    *panic attack*
    cursed circumstances!
    Btw Biffy Clyro are the most ass kicking Scottish band like EVER!!
    ;)

• Advertisement

Undergod wrote:
    And in the inside booklet for casually dressed & deep in conversation (2003), Ryan Richards is wearing a My Chemical Romance t-shirt.

yeah, i noticed that too!
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Mogwai are also a kickass band, and Mogwai are also from Scotland.

Mogwai are also a kickass band, and Mogwai are also from Scotland.
    However Franz Ferdinand also come from Scotland and are unforgivable. So don't go thinking Scotland is the new Seattle. In case you were going to. Which you probably weren't...

nice observation there Stephanie... how about Scotland has a handful of good bands?
    btw when you see Franz live it totally changes your perception of them. i hated 'em before now like them slightly more!

how about Scotland has a handful of good bands?
    Yeah I'd agree with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

It has Scottish Youth Theatre, who, by the way, are the nicest bunch of people EVAR!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Yes my dears, the Pogues, 23rd December. Go. That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

How is Shane Magowan still alive?

LordCran wrote:
    Perhaps no-one heard me the 1st time. Bigger writing is in order.
    BOB DYLAN!!!
    Only the icon of the 60s, possibly the most influential songwriter ever, the man without whom the Beatles wouldn't have got past She Loves You, the Stones would have been an obscure South London covers band, and protest music would never have started. Playing the Point. 26th November. Be there, or be spherical. Anyone who is going, let me know, s'il vous plait.
    If tickets are inexpencive I might go. How much?

• Advertisement

The Pogues are just fantastic! A punk-rock band that doesn't play rock! And plays it beatifully!

Advertisement