Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap BROADBAND - Check this out!!

• 03-08-2005 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

Just saw an ad for this earlier. Looks pretty good at first glance huh?

Anyway Check this

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

Ha My line fails even though I have BT broadband....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

I could write essays on why you should avoid them, but most of it's been covered in other threads here warning people to stay well away from imagine.

Here is just some of the wisdom available on Imag!ne's site:

1. From the T&Cs: (one of MANY I could have chosen)
    "We would therefore consider acceptable (maximum) traffic usage to be 10Gb per calendar month. "
    Hmm, there's something sneaky about that sentence.

2. "5 free email addresses (e.g. [email]joe.bloggs@Imag!ne.ie[/email]) "
    @Imag!ne.ie?
    *clap*.......................*clap*.......................*clap*

3. They can't even write their own FAQ, that's how clueless they are. They have to copy from BTs one: (Even the mistakes like no. 4 below)

BTs FAQ:
    https://home.btireland.ie/echannel/res.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=res_products&residentialProducts_actionOverride=%2Fpageflows%2FresidentialContent%2Fproducts%2FbbFAQ

Imagines FAQ:
    http://www.imagine.ie/faqs.php

4. "the product is set up with dynamic IP Addressing. This means that every time you open your browser you will be allocated a different IP address for the duration of that session. "
    That's completely wrong.

These are the people you would trust to provide your internet connection? I think not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭cal29

besides which

for just over a tenner a month you could have always on BB 2Mbps with smart compared to 20 hours a month which is less than an hour a day with imagine

not to mention the 33cent a minute tech support

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Interesting note though - the excess charge maximum is €35 - that would indicate that for €55 you could get uncapped BB

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

its 50 a month max with eircom , imagine were capped at 38 when they launched but saw an opportunity since.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Gegerty

Interesting note though - the excess charge maximum is €35 - that would indicate that for €55 you could get uncapped BB

They more than likely cut you off when you reach €35

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Goldstein wrote:
    I could write essays on why you should avoid them, but most of it's been covered in other threads here warning people to stay well away from imagine.

Here is just some of the wisdom available on Imag!ne's site:

1. From the T&Cs: (one of MANY I could have chosen)
    "We would therefore consider acceptable (maximum) traffic usage to be 10Gb per calendar month. "
    Hmm, there's something sneaky about that sentence.

@Imag!ne.ie?

3. They can't even write their own FAQ, that's how clueless they are. They have to copy from BTs one: (Even the mistakes like no. 4 below)

BTs FAQ:
    https://home.btireland.ie/echannel/res.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=res_products&residentialProducts_actionOverride=%2Fpageflows%2FresidentialContent%2Fproducts%2FbbFAQ

Imagines FAQ:
    http://www.imagine.ie/faqs.php

4. "the product is set up with dynamic IP Addressing. This means that every time you open your browser you will be allocated a different IP address for the duration of that session. "
    That's completely wrong.

These are the people you would trust to provide your internet connection? I think not.
    Interesting post Goldstein. There are a good few similarities between the FAQ's which started me thinking. Is Imag!ne just a front for BT who wanted to get into the "Time" market but didn't want to devalue their "Always on" products by doing it themselves? :D
    BTW
    I also believe there was a second gunman on the grassy knoll :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭sharingan

Goldstein wrote:
    @Imag!ne.ie?

ROFL! Nice RFC822-compliant e-mail address there! Guaranteed to receive email from the other 4 e-mail addresses!

And you are locked into them for 9 months ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement