Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What ever happened the Boardsie Games?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

DeVore wrote:
    We havent moved the games to Subscriber only. If you remember we said (well more accurately *I* said, but I think I speak for all the admins) that we wouldnt charge for something we already did.
    DeV.

DeV,
    I have heard that a PM to an admin used to be able to get your nickname adjusted if you asked nicely, but recently i have enquired about this, as i am very unhappy with the 22 part of my nick! I made a mistake....and i was told that you have to be a subscriber now to do this.

This begs the question, is this in violation of what you just said? You previously did this for the basic user but since the days of subscription this has changed!

Not having a go, just asking! ;) ,
    Gaz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

Yeah i put in a ticket last week. Still no reply, but the admins are busy, it make take awhile to get a reply. Hopefully DeV will reply to me in this thread, i missed him by a few minutes today with my post, he went offline :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

heh.
    glad I could amuse you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Steveire

The boardsie games. Archived version from 9th December 2003 obtained using The wayback machine. You can't play the games(becuase you can't be logged in to a archived site), but you can see the scoreboards. [wiki]Boardsie games[/wiki] in the Biki (it's very stub-ish for the moment).

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

We used to break our own rules about changing peoples names if they asked REALLY nicely and with good reason. We've never allowed it without admin intervention and still dont.

The tagline was (afaicr) never changeable beyond subscribers and I recall the first few subscribers changing it to Admin etc... We had to write a special feature for it in vB. (Regi did). It could have *possibly* been allowed in UBB waaaay back. But I dont think so. In fact we have often thought about letting people change OTHERS taglines for cash. But that wouldnt work very well :)

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

DeVore wrote:
    In fact we have often thought about letting people change OTHERS taglines for cash. But that wouldnt work very well :)
    I always liked that idea (and still do! :)) Even if there was a system of pend-until-approved like the guest posting system on PI.... I also liked that texting idea, even if the % commission was crappy, it'd allow those of us without a CC (or access to Paypal in general (and the terminally lazy)) to contribute and keep the dream alive. Better than nothing imo.
    Or a credit system, where you buy x number of credits via text, then use them to change tagline/avatar, activate blog, etc... using boards-credits each time you change.
    Kind of like the money you (apparently) buy at disneyland.

Advertisement