Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannot install Hotfix - Help!

Options
  • 04-08-2005 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

I uninstalled BF at the weekend and reinstalled it. I tried to install the hotfix and it said 'Patching Failed'. Do the previes drivers have to be installed, then install Hotfix? Im not sure why its failing and its the only thing I can think of. that said, I cant find any linkage to the first patch. AFAIK it was pulled?

Advice welcome kids. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Meadows

yea , my friend had the same problem.
    what we did was we dragged accross a patched version from a different machine.
    this worked fine.
    we were expecting a registry complaint but it actually works fine.

so unless your on a network, install it on another machine somewhere, patch it and then throw the install folder onto a DVD or something it only takes up 1.67GB, you could even divide it up and put it on cds.

hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Was the 2nd patch that was pulled. 3rd one fixed it. Or was it first patch :/ Anyhow think its v1.02 now we ment to be using.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

i explained this on another thread
    Originally Posted by jaggeh
    i had a problem patching
    heres what you do
    run the patch
    when you get to the screen that says 'the install shield wizard is ready to begin installation' go to start>run and type %temp% and sort the contents by date, if you open the most recent one, ignore corecomp.inf and go into the next folder. copy the contents to your BF2 directory and run the patch.exe

problem solved

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

And remember that you need about 3Gb free on the drive where you install the patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

not if you do it my way, i had about 1.8g free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Freed up some space and it worked. Thanks lads for the info. :)

Advertisement