Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hi !

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    Thought that mega chinese table tennis was the fastest game in the world?

He said field game, so unless mega chinese table tennis takes place on a field (in which case, wow!), then he's right I guess.* :)

*Although there is another game faster, but I can't remember the name - and I'm not sure if it's played on a field as such.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭Dellgirl

He said field game, so unless mega chinese table tennis takes place on a field (in which case, wow!), then he's right I guess.*

"Oh my...what big....... arms .....youve got." :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Pelota, a sort of cross between handball and tennis, is the fastest game in the world. Hurling - which has been described as a cross between hockey and murder :) - is the fastest field game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Kevin_er_ei

Hey Todd, there's a wrestling gym in phibsboro, actually, it may be just a boxing gym. but there is a gym in harold's cross called SBG that should do you. ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Kevin_er_ei

is pelota that think they did on jackass with the little curvy thing and the oranges?

• Advertisement

It is like a form of handball where you have a unit strapped to your arm to catch and project the ball with. It is popular in parts of Spain and France. There are different variations of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

vibrant wrote:
    ranging from "Bob's Bargain Hut" (essentially a cheap and cheerful junk shop)

I thought it's called 'Bob's Bargain Shop' not hut? Unless they changed the name. And go easy on calling it a "junk shop"! When I was a kid I got some great ghostbuster toys there. :)

It is largely in the Basque region alright; like I said parts of France and Spain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ToddHammer

Hey Todd, there's a wrestling gym in phibsboro, actually, it may be just a boxing gym. but there is a gym in harold's cross called SBG that should do you.
    Yo Kev. Thanks for the head's up!

I'm not really into the whole boxing thing man.

The wrestling they have listed is a little different from folkstyle wrestling which is what i do. lol

BJJ what is this some kind of sex class? lol

Some irish guy in the martial arts forum offered to train with me.

Peace,

Todd Roberts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

ToddHammer wrote:
    I might learn Gaelic when Im over there. At least learn to use your guys slang the proper way. lol

Umm, Gaelic is the native language of Scotland. Irish or Gaeilge (pronounced gwael-ge) is the native language of Ireland. But it is a really easy mistake to make. It confused me when I was a kid. If you want to learn a bit do it, but only a tiny percentage of the country actually speak it. The rest of us just resent having had to study it in school.

Don't know if you'll find too many keg parties. I've never been to one, but you'll find plenty with cans, bottles, spirits, smoke and pills. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

infact, i have never heard of a keg party in ireland, must be an american thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭foxybrowne

I heard of a keg party in Ireland once, but it died soon after.

Advertisement