Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sig Requests

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

lol.. ok i get your point.. anyways.. Prof. Cunning, how long have you been doing photoshoppage?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

screw it, i'll give in and write one off topic post. Maybe cult will move it to a sticky where all the regulars describe their backgrounds in graphic design or whatever i dunno :s

anyway:

i started making computer graphics when i was about 16 (i'm 19 now). I joined a cs clan and no one knew how to make a website, so i got dreamweaver and fireworks off someone and threw a basic site together. Then a new member joined who said my site was **** and he could make a better one, posting a link to his most recent site which was of course better than my first attempt. So of course the next day i fire up fireworks and that evening i upload a new clan site that kicks the other guy's arse. (he subsequently leaves teh clan). From then on i kept redesigning the site about every 2 weeks (mayo is a very boring place), learning loads about fireworks and also learning how to come up with nice designs.

I'm relatively new to actual "photoshoppage" and have an awful lot to learn about it, my area of expertise is web graphics, not image editing (yet ;) ) But i'm learning at a pace that suits me, i'm doing a maths course in dcu and photoshoppage and graphic design are nice hobbies for me that are also a handy source of income. I'm going to give photography a shot in the new year when i buy a decent digital camera.

*end mini autobiography*

apologies to all who are looking for sigs, this really shouldn't be here

Well.. there you have it...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

can i apply for a sig, somethiung in volving grass (just poped into my head) thin enough also if possible. cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

TomTom
    tomtom.jpg

edit: slightly diff dimensions, gradient:

tomtom2.jpg

edit2: just noticed your little buttons in your current sig tomtom, i can add something similar in to the grass one if you like it.

oh yeh, and if you meant grass of another less legal type...well that arranged can be. [the sig of course. ... . .]

• Advertisement

Yeah.. Thats pretty cool.. I dont think there's any need for anyone else to try! :)

Anyone else want one.. somthing interesting?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

ok it's not narrow but heh.. :D
    TomTom.jpg
    just for a laugh!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

Shrimp wrote:
    delivered.....

Soundwave.JPG

sweet!! :D

thanking you my friend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Do all the sigs that ye make have to be the same size? There are other resolutions other than 300 x 100.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

impr0v wrote:
    trigger.jpg

Thanks Improv

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

oooh can I have a little one!!! something cute!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

Dave wrote:
    Do all the sigs that ye make have to be the same size? There are other resolutions other than 300 x 100.

I think 300x100 is excessive also. though, mine probably approaches that if you combine the two images in my sig...

Nobody has ever requested a diff. size! if they did i would have anyway... Off to make chicks one! :D:D:D ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

yeah i don't like going above 80 in height for my own sigs. I prefer them shorter and wider

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

thats cool dangerman,
    I mean grass as in the one you made, but i was very very drunk at the time i posted so i don't know where that came from.
    If you could impliment two buttons on it, it would be cool. lets say one computer orianted and the other can be what ever you want.
    by the way i'm open to other sujjestions apart from grass (even though that one is class)

Here's one for chick. I made it as sickenly cute as possible :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Chonaic

anyone want to sig me up??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Dave wrote:

I'd neg rep you for that if i could......tis the sickest sig i've ever seen :D

Chonaic wrote:
    anyone want to sig me up??

It would help to know what you like, what you're into etc.

RuggieBear wrote:
    I'd neg rep you for that if i could......tis the sickest sig i've ever seen :D
    Yeah it's fairly vomit inducing alright :p

• Advertisement

Dave wrote:
    thank you!! :p

But wait I don't know how to put it in my signature.... :(

I tried the image thing but it didnt work, whats the story with that?

Chick wrote:
    But wait I don't know how to put it in my signature.... :(

That's ok we can just imagine it's there....

Noooo I want to put it up, I know you think its crap but I dont really care cos I like it, and I want to put it up!! :mad:

EDIT: please tell me? pretty please?

well you need to host it in some web space and then link to it in ur sig using image location

And if you don't have anywhere to host it, i'll do it for a little while coz i'm feeling generous.......just stick this url between img tags in ur sig

http://members.boards.ie/ruggiebear/chick.jpg

ok I understood most of that.... thanks!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

RuggieBear wrote:
    well you need to host it in some web space and then link to it in ur sig using image location

And if you don't have anywhere to host it, i'll do it for a little while coz i'm feeling generous.......just stick this url between img tags in ur sig

http://members.boards.ie/ruggiebear/chick.jpg

Good to see the Christmas spirt. :D

well it's working

/me runs away with crying "why? Why do i do i punish myself....." :p

thanks ruggie bear :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭franman

hey cool sigs
    just joined and dont suppose someone would like to give franman a shot
    please,please,please!!